DON'T GIVE LIP SERVICE!









I try not to give lip service to my family and friends. I try to live up to my promises!  Sometimes the circumstances make it impossible to keep your word! This is when I confess to them and not tell a lie. 
I say I did my best and that was
not good enough this time.  I am human and not in control of any thing but my positive or negative reaction to my problems. I try to avoid making promises. I do say,
"I will try to do what you want. 
I will let you know if I encounter have a problem. "

The Bible talks about service and many people were assigned to do tasks by God.  I read during one   my Bible study sessions several  scriptures which show people 

who served God for years. They even passed their duties to the 
next generation.  

 


DEPICTION: 
MOSES GIVING GOD'S
COMMANDS TO ISRAELITES

LIFE LESSON:

MOSES ASSIGNED TO DO SERVICE 
FOR GOD:


GENESIS 3:4, 9-10

So when the Lord saw that he turned aside to look, God called 
to him from the midst of the bush and said, “Moses, Moses!”


9 Now therefore, behold, the

cry of the children of Israel 
has come to Me, and I have 
also seen the oppression with which the Egyptians oppress 
them.
10 Come now, therefore, and

I will send you to Pharaoh that
you may bring My people, the children of Israel, out of Egypt.”




DEPICTION:

ISRAELITES FREED AND FOLLOWING MOSES

LIFE LESSON:

ISRAELITES REQUIRED TO DO SERVICE

EXODUS 4: 29-31
 
29 Then Moses and Aaron went and gathered together all the elders of the children of Israel. 
30 And Aaron spoke all the words which the Lord had spoken to Moses. Then he did the signs in the sight of the people. 
31 So the people believed; and when they heard that the Lord had visited the children of Israel and that He had looked on their affliction, then they bowed their heads and worshiped.


EXODUS  36 :3-5
3 And they received from 
Moses all the offering which
the children of Israel had 
brought for the work of the 
service of making the sanctuary. 
So they continued bringing to 
him freewill offerings every morning.
5  and they spoke to Moses, saying, “The people bring much more than enough for the service of the work which the Lord commanded us to do.”



DEPICTION:
AARON SPEAKING TO ISRAELITES


LIFE LESSON:

MOSES' BROTHER AARON REQUIRED TO DO SERVICE

EXODUS 5:1

Afterward Moses and Aaron went
in and told Pharaoh, “Thus says 
the Lord God of Israel: ‘Let My people go, that they may hold a feast to Me in the wilderness.’”

EXODUS 6:13

13 Then the Lord spoke
to Moses and Aaron, and
gave them a command for
the children of Israel and 
for Pharaoh king of Egypt, 
to bring the children of
Israel out of the land of 
Egypt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE