ANY HOLY PLACES?







I can recall going to church with
my family on Sunday.  My sister 
and I got our hair fixed every 
Saturday afternoon so we would
look pretty at church.  My two
brothers hated Saturday night 
because they had to take tub 
bath and get a good scrubbing.  
They also  hated dressing up for
church too. This was part of my
mom's ritual as a means of her
showing respect in the House 
of God.  

There was an area in our church
sanctuary that was more elegant 
than the pew section. It had plush
red carpet and nice wooden chairs
with fancy carvings on them. My
mom told us it was the pulpit. We
were not supposed to play in this
area. We were promised a good
spanking if we did. It was a Holy 
Place and you were suppose to
respect it. 

Things have changed so much and these areas of the church are not considered important in some churches. I made sure my sons knew about this Holy Place and they did not play in church. There was only one exception.They could have fun
during children's special programs.  

I still respect this area when ever
I attend church. I like knowing that
I am able to keep something sacred
in this wicked world.

This week I am sharing some scriptures 
from the Bible that discuss Holy Places. 
It is refreshing for me to read about a
time when people respected holiness.
  
LIFE LESSON:

BEWARE OF HOLY GROUND 





DEPICTION OF MOSES @ BURNING BUSH


EXODUS 3:4-5


 So when the Lord saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from 
the midst of the bush and said, “Moses, Moses!” And he said, “Here I am.”
5 Then He said, “Do not draw near this place. Take your sandals off your feet, 
for the place where you stand is holy ground.”

DEPICTION OF STEPHEN @ SYNAGOGUE
  
LIFE LESSON:

STEPHEN DISCUSSES MOSES
ACTS 6: 13-15 

13 They also set up false witnesses who said, “This man does not cease to speak blasphemous words against this holy place and the law;  
14 for we have heard him say that this Jesus of Nazareth will destroy this place and change the customs which Moses delivered to us.”  
15 And all who sat in the council, looking steadfastly at him, saw his face as the face of an angel.
 
ACTS 7: 29-33
29 Then, at this saying, Moses fled and became a dweller in the land of Midian, where he had two sons.  
30 “And when forty years had passed,
an Angel of the Lord appeared to him 
in a flame of fire in a bush, in the wilderness of Mount Sinai.
31 When Moses saw it, he marveled at 
the sight; and as he drew near to observe, the voice of the Lord came to him,  
32 saying, ‘I am the God of  your fathers —the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses trembled and dared not look.  
33 ‘Then the Lord said to him, “Take your sandals off your feet, for the place where you stand is holy ground.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE