WORD POWER!





The words I say to others and
the manner in which I say them 
are  important. Sometimes I try 
to speak softly when I am upset.
Then my words may be more 
receptive to the person I am 
talking to.  The person may 
listen to me be because I was
not belligerent or hostile.

The Word of God is given to us

in different context in the Old 
and New Testaments. Some of 
His Words were meant to bring
comfort. There are also times
when His Words were spoken  
to correct our behavior.

This week I'll share scriptures 

about God's Word that were 
used for comfort, guidance,
and correction.






LIFE LESSON:

GOD'S WORD CAN BRING PEACE,
COMFORT, & SAFETY


GENESIS 15:1

After these things the word of the
Lord came to Abram in a vision,
saying, “Do not be afraid, Abram. 
I am your shield, your exceedingly
great reward.”

Joshua 1:13

“Remember the word which Moses

the servant of the Lord commanded
you, saying, ‘The Lord your God is 
giving you rest and is giving you this
land.’

Joshua 3:9-10 

9 So Joshua said to the children 
of Israel, “Come here, and hear 
the words of the Lord your God.”
10 And Joshua said, “By this you 
shall know that the living God is 
among you, and that He will with
out fail drive out from before you 
the Canaanites and the Hittites and 
the Hivites and the Perizzites and the Girgashites and the Amorites and the Jebusites:

2 Samuel 14:17

Your maidservant said, ‘The word 

of my lord the king will now be comforting; for as the angel of God, 
so is my lord the king in discerning 
good and evil. And may the Lord 
your God be with you.’

2 Samuel 22:31

As for God, His way is perfect; The

word of the Lord is proven; He is a
shield to all who trust in Him.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE