God Bless Autumn!







I feel like this summer was so hot this year! One reason may be because I spent this summer with my  88 year old
mother. I discovered that her body temperature must be at least 20 degrees lower than mine.  She felt  comfortable 
with air conditioner set between 75 to 80 degrees! I endured by  drinking iced filled drinks and partially frozen bottled 
water. I love her and want to her to stay comfortable.  

I had  just purchased two unusual cactus plants oline. Then, I decided to go stay my mother for a  few months.  I couldn't 
just leave my plants unattended in my front yard.  I know these are low maintenance cactus plants.  But these were my
new Babies.  I traveled 50 miles with them loaded in my SUV. They tolerated the ride just fine without tipping over.  

I sat the Fire Stick cactus and the Sunburst Aeonium Cristata cactus on my Mom's front lawn.  Now the Fall
season has come and they're looking pretty good.


O




Here are some tips I learned while caring for these cactus plants:

*I made sure they got 6-8 hours of full sun
* Don't sat the flower pots on planter saucers. I almost killed these cactus plants. 
* Three days of stormy weather caused rainwater to collect in flower pots. Rain water
didn't drain out because the plants were sitting in water! The plants looked
healthy after the excess water dried out.
* I added used coffee grounds and ground egg shells to the soil of both plants.
 Once a month I poured a little left over  brewed tea or coffee in the soil.
* Fire Stick cactus turns beautiful fire orange during Fall season.
* I cover cactus plants whenever a hard frost forecasted.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE