ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE



DEPICTION OF ADAM & EVE WITH THEIR CHILDREN






I say thank you to PBS for featuring TV shows 
on researching your family tree by Heny Louis
Gates, Jr.  The show was called, "Finding Your
Roots". I enjoyed this show and and eventually became very good at family tree research.



Genealogy was important during Bible days and
the Bible book of Genesis gives us several family trees.



Today I am showing Adam and Eve’s family tree.





GENESIS 2: 18, 22-24



18 And the Lord God said, “It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.





22 Then the rib which the Lord God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man.

23 And Adam said:

“This is now bone of my bones And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man.”

24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.
 







Abraham's family tree is incomplete. He had a son with Hagar and his name was Ishmael.



GENESIS 16:1-4, 7-11


1 Now Sarai, Abram’s wife, had borne him no children. And she had an Egyptian maidservant 
whose name was Hagar.
 So Sarai said to Abram, “See now, the Lord has restrained me from bearing children. Please, go in 
to my maid; perhaps I shall obtain children by her.” And Abram heeded the voice of Sarai. 
 Then Sarai, Abram’s wife, took Hagar her maid,
 the Egyptian, and gave her to her husband Abram
 to be his wife, after Abram had dwelt ten years in 
the land of Canaan.  
So he went in to Hagar, and she conceived. And when she saw that she had conceived, her mistress became despised in her eyes.

Now the Angel of the Lord found her by a spring of water in the wilderness, by the spring on the way to Shur.  
And He said, “Hagar, Sarai’s maid, where have you come from, and where are you going?”
She said, “I am fleeing from the presence of my mistress Sarai.”
The Angel of the Lord said to her, “Return to your mistress, and submit yourself under her hand.”  
10 Then the Angel of the Lord said to her, “I will multiply your descendants exceedingly, so that they shall not be counted for multitude.”
11 And the Angel of the Lord said to her:
“Behold, you are with child,
And you shall bear a son.
You shall call his name Ishmael,
Because the Lord has heard your affliction.

I will explore Ishmael's family tree this week also.















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5