THERE IS POWER IN THE CROSS!





I got a gold cross for my birthday from my aunt 
when I was a young girl.She always wore a cross, carried her Bible around,  and  went to church all
of the time. My aunt didn't explain the cross to me.
I used my nine year old reasoning  and figured that the cross was important and valuable.I came to this conclusion because  the only people I saw wearing gold crosses were the minister at my church and my aunt. 


Due to life's circumstances and maturity I began
to believe in the Lord.  My family and I started to attend church regularly.  realized there was power
in the cross after I started studying the Bible. My 
ideas about the cross were confirmed after I went
to see the movie, The Passion of the Christ. Some people may say this was just another Hollywood movie. I disagree. I heard a man say that it was
the bloodiest movie that he has ever seen. I was
thinking  how pathetic. If that is all he surmised 
about  the movie.  It was as if this movie was 
bringing the scriptures about The Resurrection
to life.  I have watched at least five movies on
The Resurrection and none were as realistic and 
as The Passion.

Today I am sharing scriptures which show why 
the cross is so important to me. 






PAINTING:

"THE CRUCIFIXION" BY SIMON VOUET, 1622



LIFE LESSON:

CHRIST DIED ON THE CROSS FOR OUR SINS



JOHN 19: 17-19



17 And He, bearing His cross, went out to a place called the Place of a Skull, which is called in Hebrew, Golgotha,  
18 where they crucified Him, and two others with Him, one on either side, and Jesus in the center. 
19 Now Pilate wrote a title and put it on the cross. And the writing was:
JESUS OF NAZARETH, THE KING OF THE JEWS.

 

1 PETER 2:24 

24 who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed. 


HEBREWS 12:2

looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 


ACTS  2:22-24


22 “Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know— 
23 Him, being delivered by the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you have taken   by lawless hands, have crucified, and put to death;
24 whom God raised up, having loosed the pains of death, because it was not possible that He should be held by it.









AxmTYklsjo190QWabc
AxmTYklsjo190QWabc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE