PERFECT GUIDEBOOK, MARRIAGE

















It took me  a  while to realize you need to  be careful where you get your advice from.  Motherly advice is good sometimes. Advice  from a friend can be useful too.Some people use a mentor or their pastor when they need serious counsel.

In later years, we learned to use the Bible as 
our guidebook on parenting, marriage, money,
and relationships.I prayed for the Lord to grant 
us His wisdom every day.The Bible was a perfect 
reference and guide because the scriptures are
inspired by God.

 
When my husband and I  got married we used the Golden Rule as our guide for keeping our marriage cordial.









MATTHEW 7:12
 
Therefore, whatever you want men to do to 
you, do also to them, for this is the Law and
the Prophets.
   

I found out about the Bible's rules for marriage 
when I started joined the church.  I considered 
myself to be a college educated liberated woman.
I balked and frowned at the thought of submitting
to my husband. My husband worked a lot so he
and rarely went to church  with me and  our sons. 
I was glad that he missed the sermon on marriage.  The pastor could feel the cold stares coming from 
the women and cut the series on marriage from 3 
sermons  to 1 sermon.  

I was able to hear and understand scriptures about submission to your husband after I matured some. 
I studied the marriage scriptures for myself in my quiet time.  I realized that the Lord was not saying that my husband was supposed to treat me like he was Hitler and I was his slave. It meant that I was 
to respect him like I respected the Lord. I was not supposed to nag him. I was not allowed to go my friends and family and gossip about him. Some of
the scriptures said that my husband should love 
me like Christ loves the church.He was should not 
rely on his parents anymore.We both agreed to act mature and not let our parents resolve any marriage or financial issues we were having.  Of course, we would seek our parents' support if we had a major family crisis.  My husband didn't like to argue and 
he would not respond if I was loud and obnoxious.
We both voiced our opinions on a subject then we worked out a compromise if possible. 

Today, I have shared scriptures addressing issues for newlyweds. I am also attaching three videos that I
watched on Joni Table Talk.  I wish I had seen these
when my husband and I first got married. 








EPHESIANS  5:31 

 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined 
unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.



EPHESIANS  

 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself;
 and the wife see that she reverence her husband.






JONI TABLE TALK, MARRIAGE PART 1








JONI TABLE TALK, MARRIAGE PART 2






JONI TABLE TALK, MARRIAGE PART 3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE