LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY, 2/27/14






ROMANS  16:1-2

I commend to you Phoebe our sister, who is a servant of the church in Cenchrea, 

that you may receive her in the Lord in a manner worthy of the saints, and assist her in whatever business she has need of you; for indeed she has been a helper of many and of myself also.


HISTORICAL CONTEXT

There is not a lot of information given about 
this woman named Phoebe.  Paul was very 
impressed by her kindness and  service in
the church.  She traveled several miles to 
Rome to deliver a letter from Paul. Phoebe
must have been trustworthy and a woman
who had outstanding character. Paul chose
her to conduct his business in Rome.


LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY

I have always liked to be around kind people. 
I  feel that I  can trust them with my deepest 
thoughts and it would remain confidential. I
have a lot of friends but only know a couple 
that are very kind.  I know that they would 
try to come to my aide in any situation. They
have compassion for people and love doing a
lot of community service.  The Bible book of Ephesians 4 tells us to be kind and to have a
tender heart toward  one another.
I still need work in this area.  I used to always
believe that I should only be nice to people that treated  me nice.  I am getting better at showing random acts of kindness to people in need.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE