LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY, 2/24/14


 

 

PSALM 118:6

The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?

 PSALM 23:4

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me

LUKE 2:8-10

Now there were in the same country shepherds living out in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night. 
And behold, an angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were greatly afraid. '
10 Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people.
HISTORICAL CONTEXT
Most of the people we read about in the Bible lived
simple lives and were not royalty. Most of the men were farmers and shepherds.  Of course, we know 
about a famous carpenter too.  The Bible books of Matthew, Luke, and John give several accounts of people being afraid when they had supernatural encounters like burning bushes and visits from
angels.
LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY
I have been blessed and have not been in a
lot fearful situations.  I do recall one that I 
had a few years.  I had met a girlfriend for
dinner after work. We had eaten and chatted
to about 9 pm at night.  I noticed a man in 
a pick up truck following me. He kept waved
his hands and kept on blowing his horn in an
effort to get me to pull over.  I didn't have a 
flat tire or any signs of car trouble.  I started 
praying immediately because this was a dark
road and only a few cars were on the highway.





I calmed down and remembered the words of
a policeman who gave my club safety tips. He
told us to drive to a police station if we were 
being followed.  I kept on pass my exit to the
freeway. I turned and went downtown to the
police station.  He quickly figured out where
I was headed. He sped off in front of me. I 
sat at the entrance a few minutes, hoping so
he would think I was going in the station. I 
drove home and did not get on the freeway. 
I did continue to monitor my rear view mirror 
to make sure that guy was gone.I was a little
shaken up and I thank God for helping me to
remember that safety tip.
  
Please check out this website which as tips
on what to do if you are being followed:



I AM BEING FOLLOWED


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE