LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY, 2/18/14





GENESIS 1:14

Then God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament 
of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years...

GENESIS  8:22


While the earth remains, seed time and harvest, cold and heat,winter and summer, and day and night shall not cease.”

HISTORICAL CONTEXT

The Bible book of Genesis 1 gives us the 
history of God creating the heaven and
earth. This includes the day, night, and 
the four seasons. Genesis 8 shares God's 
covenant with Noah after the flood.  He 
acknowledges that man is still evil, but
He will not destroy the earth and every
living thing again. 


LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY
"HURRY UP SPRINGTIME"

I realize that we need sunshine and rain, day
and night, and winter and summer. All of these elements are necessary because that is the way
the Lord planned it.  I try not to complain when
it rains all day or it is 9 degrees outside.  I live in
a state that gets very little snow.  I did pray for
snow this year and we got 6 inches last week. I
did not complain when I saw the weather forecast
I went to the store and got all of my favorite snack foods.  I spent my time "pigging out"  and looking
out of the window at the snow. The snow is gone 
now and I have to snap back into my daily routine.  





We are blessed with lovely things in all of the 
seasons. I just have to take the time to notice
them.  I look  forward to spring because I love hearing the birds singing like they are so happy.
I'll get my hummingbird feeders ready. I anxiously wait for those little guys to show up. I get so many hummingbirds  that they fight and buzz  in front of 
my face sometimes. 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE