LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY, 2/19/14

 

PROVERBS  17:22

A merry heart does good, like medicine, But a broken spirit dries the bones.

LEVITICUS 19:32
 
‘You shall rise before the gray headed and honor the presence of an old man, and fear your God: I am the Lord.
 
 
LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY

HAVE A MERRY HEART 
 
I watch the a feature on NBC which celebrates
centenarians. Some of them are 106 years old!
There was an 104 year old lady who said
that she laughter, the Lord, and little things
kept her going. 
 
I may not live to be 104 years old, but I want to
make sure that stress doesn't shorten my life span.  
Studies have shown that a life full of stress and unforgiveness can affect your health. Exercise and
healthy eating cannot erase the damage caused by stress. 

I was the oldest person in department when I retired.
It didn't happen overnight but I was so busy working
that it creeped up on me.  
 
 
 
 
 
Suddenly people started calling me, Ma'am.
I was offended at first, then I looked at the
people in my unit. Most of the team members
were between 25 and 30 which was the age 
of my boys!!  Boy, did I get a wake up call. 
I suddenly became aware that a lot of these 
young people didn't have manners and didn't
respect older people. I was blessed because 
my new boss did respect me and my opinions.  
 
I wised up after I reached age 50.  I decided 
to let the young people sweat over the office
politics. I still did a good job but focused on 
my life after work.  I only worked overtime
when it was mandatory.  I didn't partake in
office gossip. I preferred to be seen and not
heard during office meetings.
 
 
 
 
I tried to lower my stress level.  I paid more
attention to how I treated people. I stopped
acting like negative comments was a vendetta
against me. I voiced my opinion but didn't
spend my time arguing about who was right or
wrong. I laughed more and tried to improve my
spiritual life.  I spent more quality time with my
husband.  I became a friend to my grown kids
and left the mothering behind.  My lifestyle
change helped me prepare for retirement.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE