LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY, 2/17/14




1 Timothy 4:8

For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life
that now is and of that which is to come. 

Luke 19:17

And he said to him, ‘Well done, good servant; 
because you were faithful in a very little, have authority over ten cities.’


HISTORICAL CONTEXT

Paul is talking to Timothy. He calls him a true son 
of faith. He telling him that it is better to put all of 
his effort into living a Godly life and receive the promise of a life in heaven. The Bible book of Luke 
19 informs us that faithful servants get a reward.

LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY:
LOOK AT THE DISCIPLINE OF OLYMPIC ATHLETES 

I have been watching the Winter Olympics in Sochi. 
I listen to the athletes' comments during interviews when they finish their competition. Most of them tell how hard they have trained. They are elated when
their hard work is rewarded with a medal.  

I was impressed with their commitment to their
sport. I thought about how wonderful it would
be if I was that committed to keeping the faith 
and giving thanks for all of my daily blessings.
There is room for improvement on my part. I'll 
begin to pray for help in being tenacious in these areas, so that I might hear, "well done"! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE