LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY, 2/3/14

GENESIS 15: 2-4

But Abram said, “Lord God, what will You
give me, seeing I go childless, and the heir 
of my house is Eliezer of Damascus?”
Then Abram said, “Look, You have given
me no offspring; indeed one born in my 
house is my heir!”
And behold, the word of the Lord came to
him, saying, “This one shall not be your heir, 
but one who will come from your own body
shall be your heir.” 

 GENESIS 16: 1-2

1 Now Sarai, Abram’s wife, had borne him no children. And she had an Egyptian maidservant 
whose name was Hagar.  
So Sarai said to Abram, “See now, the Lor
has restrained me from bearing children. Please,
go in to my maid; perhaps I shall obtain children
by her.”And Abram heeded the voice of Sarai.

GENESIS 17:1-2: 15-16
 
1 When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to Abram and said to him, “I am Almighty God; walk before Me and be blameless.
And I will make My covenant between Me and you, and will multiply you exceedingly.” 

15 Then God said to Abraham, “As for Sarai your wife, you shall not call her name Sarai, but Sarah shall be her name.
16  And I will bless her and also give you a son by her; then I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of peoples shall be from her.”

GENESIS 21: 1-3
 
And the Lord visited Sarah as He had said, and the Lord did for Sarah as He had spoken
For Sarah conceived and bore Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to him.  
3 And Abraham called the name of his son who was born to him—whom Sarah bore to him—Isaac. 


HISTORICAL CONTEXT

The Lord had promised  Abraham that 
he would multiply his generation. He
and Sarah were childless for several
years.  Sarah did not want to wait for
this covenant to be fulfilled. She told 
Abraham to have a child  with their 
maid, Hagar. She planned  to raise 
the son that Abraham had with their 
maid. This caused strife  between 
the maid and Sarah.  The Lord did 
bless Abraham and Sarah with a son
named Isaac.The maid and Abraham's 
first son Ishmael left the home.


LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY:
WAITING IS NOT EASY

I had to learn to be patient and wait 
for things to happen when I became 
an adult. This was not always  easy 
for me. I learned that there are a lot
of situations that you have no control 
over.  Pregnancy was one example of 
those situations. This experience was
instrumental in helping me learn to be
patient

There is always something you need or
want when you become a wife, mother, 
employee on a job. I would pray for my 
wants and needs. There were times that
I had to wait several before I received a
blessing(s). Sometimes I was waiting fo
a healing, a job promotion, or a new car. 
I began to look at the big picture while I
was waiting for my blessing(s).  The Lord
is omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent.
I should trust that He knows when the time
is right. I must not take matters into my own 
hands.  Some people don't wait and use that
credit card to get what they want. They want 
that promotion so they use cut throat tactic
to get that job. The consequences of taking
these actions are not good. I'm afraid to take
such actions.  The Lord may decide to forfeit 
my blessing(s) since I think I know more than
He does.  The Bible book of Isaiah 40 discusses
what will happen to people who wait on the Lord.
It states that their strength will be renewed and
they will  not be weary.








 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE