LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY, 2/25/14





GENESIS 8:22

“While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest,
cold and heat, winter and summer, and day and 

night shall not cease.”

2 SAMUEL 23: 13

Then three of the thirty chief men went down at harvest time and came to David at the cave
of Adullam.

HISTORICAL CONTEXT
God  told Noah and his family to come out of the

ark. Noah came and out the ark and built an altar 
unto the Lord.  God said that he would not destroy
the earth again. The earth will always have day and night. There are many scripture references to the harvest time in the Bible.  The Bible books  include Joshua 3, Judges 15, Proverbs 25, Jeremiah 50 
and 51, Matthew 13, and Revelation 14.        

LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY


I always thought that farmers exercise more faith 

than most people. They spend lot of money and 
man hours planting seeds and crops every year.    Some farmers pray a lot and others put their faith 
in the Moon, and the Farmer's Almanac. The web
website for the Farmer's Almanac  even tells the
farmers that their charts are based on historical 
data. "Other factors can also influence planting 
dates, including soil temperature, altitude and 
slope of land, nearby waters, and day length".

I try to be like the praying farmers. I try to rely
on God to bless me daily. I pray for Him to keep 
me accident free when I travel on the dangerous highways and to furnish me with food, clothing 
and shelter.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE