LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY, 2/4/14



LUKE 5: 9-12



For he and all who were with him were
astonished 
at the catch of fish which they had taken;

10 and so also were James and John, the
sons of Zebedee, who were partners with 
Simon. And Jesus said to Simon, “Do not
be afraid. From now on you will catch men.”

11 So when they had brought their boats to 
land, they forsook all and followed Him.

12 And through the hands of the apostles
many signs and wonders were done among
the people.

 PAINTING OF DISCIPLES AS FISHERMEN







ACTS 5: 17-20


17 Then the high priest rose up, and all those who were with him (which is the sect of the Sadducees), and they were filled with indignation,

18 and laid their hands on the apostles and put them
in the common prison.

 19 But at night an angel of the Lord opened the prison doors and brought them out, and said, 20 “Go, stand in the temple and speak to the people all the words of this life.”




PAINTING SHOWING ANGEL AT THE PRISON





   

HISTORICAL CONTEXT

The disciples stopped being fishermen and
became followers of Jesus. They traveled
throughout Jerusalem and the surrounding 
areas preaching and healing the people.
They were also persecuted and imprisoned
for their beliefs too. Jesus blessed them by
sending an angel to release them from prison. 


LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY

I am glad I live in America and have 
freedom to be a follower of Jesus.
I  have encountered some problems 
with people because of my decision. 
The Bible book of Matthew tells me
that I should do good to people who 
curse and hate me. I am supposed
to pray for them. I am getting better
at doing good to my enemies. This
is an ongoing process for me that is 
improves with time,maturity, and faith.


 GROUP HUGS











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE