R U LISTENING 2 THE WRONG VOICE, PART 2 CONT'D













The sermon I heard Sunday was very interesting.
The members were asked, "Have you have ever
been in a bad situation?  Did you think that  you
should run away? " You are very torn about what
you should do.  The pastor stated that the good
won and the bad situation ended.The  members
giggled and laughed.  Could it be that they were
recalling some of their experiences? I know that
I was thinking of some. I sure got into some big
messes in my life until I learned how to listen to
the right voice. Temptation was always present!
I wanted to live a Godly life.  I needed to put on
God's armor daily in order to fight the battles of 
this world!

This week I want to share scriptures that helped
me stay in the Christian Army.The Bible discusses 
three voices that cause conflict to people.The Voice  of God, Your Voice/Flesh, and The Voice of Satan. 
I have dilemmas often and the problem is choosing what is the right thing to do.  I could try to justify  doing what I want to do. I could say, " I deserve  it."The Lord will understand. I'll just do it one time and it will be okay. I have tried this and regretted  it because my conscience was beating me up the  whole time. I know now that my conscience was  the Holy Spirit trying to warn me.  Sometimes, I  am the enemy! Today, I'll continue to share some
scriptures that reveal the pitfalls of listening to your
flesh ( your voice).






DEPICTION OF JESUS & PETER ON THE WATER


LIFE LESSON: 

PETER WAS A DISCIPLE OF JESUS. HE HAD WITNESSED JESUS DO LOTS OF MIRACLES.
HE GAVE IN TO THE HIS VOICE AND BECAME AFRAID. HE BEGAN TO SINK IN THE SEA.


MATTHEW 14: 25-32

 
25 Now in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went to them, walking on the sea. 
26 And when the disciples saw Him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, “It is a ghost!” And they cried out for fear.
27 But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, “Be of good cheer! It is I; do not be afraid.”
28 And Peter answered Him and said, “Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water.”
29 So He said, “Come.” And when Peter had come down out of the boat, he walked on the water to go to Jesus.
30 But when he saw that the wind was boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink he cried out, saying, “Lord, save me!”


31 And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him, and said to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?” 
32 And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased.





 



LIFE LESSON:


I STUDIED THESE SCRIPTURES WHICH WARN NOT TO LISTEN TO YOUR FLESH


 

 PROVERBS: 5-8

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.

Do not be wise in your own eyes;
Fear the Lord and depart from evil.
It will be health to your flesh
And strength to your bones.

ROMANS  8:7-9

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for
it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.
So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, 
if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you.Now
if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ,
he is not His. 



Romans 13:13-14 

13 Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in

revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and
lust, not in strife and envy.
14 But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts.



Galatians 5:16-17   


16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the 

Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to
one another, so that you do not do the things that
you wish.
 





 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE