LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY, 8/12/14





DEPICTION OF SAINT PAUL 
CREATED BY BARTOLOMEO MONTAGNA
DECEMBER 31, 1481





I saw a story on my local TV station about a man
who was a volunteered at his local hospital every
day.  I was thinking what is so great about that! 
Well, it was great because he was pronounced 
dead in 2009.  He lost control of his motorcycle
and did not have a pulse or heart beat when the
EMT drivers reached him. It took a year for him 
to get well enough to tell his story. He gives the
Lord credit for his life and recovery.  He goes to 
do volunteer work as his way of " giving back" 
and show how thankful he is to be alive.He was
visiting with cancer patients when the reported 
was taping this story.  He was sharing his life
story  and testimony with the patients. 

His story made me think of the Apostle Paul. He persecuted and killed people who were  followers 
of Jesus. His name at that time was Saul of Tarsus.


ACTS  9:1-2

1Then Saul, still breathing threats and murder 
against the disciples of the Lord, went to the 
high priest  
and asked letters from him to the synagogues
of Damascus, so that if he found any who were 
of the Way, whether men or women, he might 
bring them bound to Jerusalem.

He was traveling to Damascus when his life was suddenly changes forever.

ACTS 9: 3-9


As he journeyed he came near Damascus, and suddenly a light shone around him from heaven. 
Then he fell to the ground, and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?”
And he said, “Who are You, Lord?”
Then the Lord said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. It is hard for you to kick against the goads.”
So he, trembling and astonished, said, “Lord, what do You want me to do?”
Then the Lord said to him, “Arise and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.”
And the men who journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice but seeing no one.
Then Saul arose from the ground, and when his eyes were opened he saw no one. But they led him by the hand and brought him into Damascus.
And he was three days without sight, and neither ate nor drank.


He was baptised by a disciple name  Ananias and began preaching about Jesus.  Some Jews were angered by his conversion and wanted to kill him. 
The disciples helped him escape. He was a zealot 
for Jesus for the rest of his life. He founded many churches. He wrote most of the New Testament.
Saul 's name was eventually change to Paul.

ACTS 13:9-10

Then Saul, who also is called Paul, filled with the Holy Spirit, looked intently at him 10 and said, “O full of all deceit and all fraud, you son of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness, will you not cease perverting the straight ways of the Lord? 


I became a Christian after I had a cancer scare. I discovered a lump and a needle biopsy was done.
It was recommended that I have further test. The doctor I was seeing was a surgeon and was going 
to remove my breast if  the lump  showed definite cancer cells. I was a nervous wreck and my mom came to the hospital with me.  I was trembling all 
over as I walked alone to the room where I was 
being prepped for surgery.  Suddenly I felt as if I
was being hugged. I felt warm over all my body 
and stopped trembling. I began to feel calm and 
at peace with my surroundings.  I had positive 
news from the doctor after I left the Recovery 
Room.  I'm no fool, I knew  I had been healed 
and I knew who I had to thank for my blessing. 
I have been a Believer since that time. Yes, I 
have had trials and test; however, I know who
the source of my salvation is! JESUS!  






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE