R U LISTENING 2 THE WRONG VOICE? PART 2










The sermon I heard Sunday was very interesting.
The members were asked, "Have you have ever
been in a bad situation?  Did you think that  you
should run away? " You are very torn about what
you should do.  The pastor stated that the good
won and the bad situation ended.The  members
giggled and laughed.  Could it be that they were
recalling some of their experiences? I know that
I was thinking of some. I sure got into some big
messes in my life until I learned how to listen to
the right voice. Temptation was always present!
I wanted to live a Godly life.  I needed to put on
God's armor daily in order to fight the battles of 

this world!


This week I want to share scriptures that helped

me stay in the Christian Army.The Bible discusses three voices that cause conflict to people.The Voice 
of God, Your Voice/Flesh, and The Voice of Satan. 

I have dilemmas often and the problem is choosing
what is the right thing to do.  I could try to justify 
doing what I want to do. I could say, " I deserve 
it."The Lord will understand. I'll just do it one time
and it will be okay. I have tried this and regretted 
it because my conscience was beating me up the 
whole time. I know now that my conscience was 
the Holy Spirit trying to warn me. Sometimes, I 
am the enemy! Today, I'll share scriptures that 
reveal the pitfalls of listening to your flesh ( your voice).




DEPICTION: ADAM & EVE LEAVING GARDEN


 LIFE LESSON: 

ADAM & EVE FIRST EXAMPLE OF LISTENING TO
THE THE WRONG VOICE



GENESIS  3:6

So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate.

 

LIFE LESSON:

CONSEQUENCES OF THEIR DECISION

GENESIS 3: 16-19



16 To the woman He said:“I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception;In pain you shall bring forth children;Your desire shall be for your husband, And he shall rule over you.”

17 Then to Adam He said, “Because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree 
of which I commanded you, saying, ‘You shall not eat of it’: “Cursed is the ground for your sake; In toil you shall eat of it All the days of your life.
18 Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you,
And you shall eat the herb of the field.
19 In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread
Till you return to the ground,For out of it you were taken;For dust you are, And to dust you shall return.”





DEPICTION:

CAIN & ABEL


LIFE LESSON:

CAIN HAD OPTIONS:

HEED VOICE OF THE LORD, SEEK FORGIVENESS, & ALWAYS GIVE HIS BEST FOR OFFERINGS


GENESIS 3: 5-7 


but He (THE LORD)did not respect Cain and
his offering. And Cain was very angry, and his countenance fell.
So the Lord said to Cain, “Why are you angry?
And why has your countenance fallen?
If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if 
you do not do well, sin lies at the door.  And its 
desire is for you, but you should rule over it.”


LISTEN TO HIS VOICE/FLESH: STAY ANGRY, 
SEEK REVENGE, & SIN

GENESIS 3: 8


Now Cain talked with Abel his brother; and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose 
up against Abel his brother and killed him.


LIFE LESSON:



CONSEQUENCES OF CAIN'S  DECISION

GENESIS 3: 9-12


Then the Lord said to Cain, “Where is Abel your brother?”
He said, “I do not know. Am I my brother’s keeper?”
10 And He said, “What have you done? The voice of your brother’s blood cries out to Me from the ground. 11 So now you are cursed from the earth, which has opened its mouth to receive your brother’s blood from your hand.  
12 When you till the ground, it shall no longer yield its strength to you. A fugitive and a vagabond you shall be on the earth.”




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE