LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY, 8/7/14









My Sunday school teacher always told our  class that we should be good if we wanted  to go to heaven.  I have heard my pastor  preach the same thing. 
I believe that there is a heaven and a hell.  I believe it because  the Bible says so. I  stand on the scriptures:


JOHN 17:17   

Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.


2 TIMOTHY 3:16

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction,  for instruction in righteousness.



The rest of this week I'll share scriptures about  heaven.  The Bible gives several descriptions of heaven. This includes the atmosphere, the outer space where the stars, moon, sun,galaxies, and planets are. There is mention of a paradise, and  

the third heaven also.  The scriptures that I am sharing with you, should explain to what heaven
is, how it looks, and why we should want to go
there. There are a multitude of scriptures about
heaven and I'm sharing the ones I feel portray
my message. 

Today, I will share scriptures describe heaven as a place.







LIFE LESSON:


THE LORD  AND ANGELS LIVE IN HEAVEN


MATTHEW 6:9-10 

In this manner, therefore, pray:
Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
10 Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.

MATTHEW 18:10          

“Take heed that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that in heaven their angels always see the face of My Father who is in heaven.


JOHN 3:13  

No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven.


Hebrews 8:1

Now this is the main point of the things we are saying: We have such a High Priest, who is seated at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens,




LIFE LESSON :

ELIJAH & DAVID WENT TO A PLACE CALLED HEAVEN
 

2 Kings 2:11

Then it happened, as they continued on and talked, that suddenly a chariot of fire appeared with horses of fire, and separated the two of them; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

ACTS 2:34

“For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he says himself:
‘The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand,


PSALM 16:11 

You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy;
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.





LIFE LESSON:

OUR FATHER GOD HAS PREPARED A PLACE FOR BELIEVERS  IN HEAVEN


JOHN 14:1-3 

1 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 
In My Father’s house are many mansions if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.



2 CORINTHIANS 5:1      

For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 

  

HEBREWS 11:16  

But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them.

 

1 PETER 1:4


4 to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you,

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE