LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY, 8/14/14













My mother used to tell me to, "respect my elders" when I was young.My parents really believed this.
We were punished if they heard that any of us said 
anything disrespectful to an adult. My siblings and I were in big trouble if our school teachers said "acted
up" in class or "talked back" to them. Thank God my husband was taught this by his parents too. We both agreed  to teach our sons this principal. They did not
disrespect any adults to our knowledge.

My mom and I communicate on an adult level now. We can laugh and talk about most subjects. As an adult, I still I respect her and I would never use a curse word in her presence.

I have a degree in education but did not pursue a teaching career. I did some Student Teaching and Substitute Teaching of students in elementary and high school. This helped me make a career change.

I changed my mind about being a teacher! I could
not deal with the lack of manners and disrespect I
encountered from  the students. 

There are many generations of children and adults who do not respect anyone. This includes the law
enforcement staff.Their parents did not teach them
to respect authority.  As a matter of fact, there are
a lot of children who do not even respect their own parents. Their parents are their friends. This is sad because there will come a day when the parent will have to pull rank. This parent will have to act like a parent and say "no" to something he or she wants. The child will get angry because the parent is not acting like a friend.


The Bible has lot to say about people respecting

each other. I am going to share a few scriptures
that discuss children and adults showing respect
and honor.   



LIFE LESSON:

FEAR & RESPECT  THE LORD


EXODUS 9:20

He who feared the word of the Lord among the servants of Pharaoh made his servants and his livestock flee to the houses.

DEUTERONOMY 6:2

that you may fear the Lord your God, to keep all His statutes and His commandments which I command you, you and your son and your grandson, all the days of your life, and that your days may be prolonged. 



DEUTERONOMY 17:19

 And it shall be with him, and he shall read it all the days of his life, that he may learn to fear the Lord his God and be careful to observe all the words of this law and these statutes,
 

LEVITICUS 19:32

 ‘You shall rise before the gray headed and honor the presence of an old man, and fear your God: I am the Lord.

LIFE LESSON:

CHILDREN RESPECT YOUR PARENTS


PROVERBS  20:11  


Even a child is known by his deeds,
Whether what he does is pure and right.


EPHESIANS  6:1-3 


1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. 
“Honor your father and mother,” which is the first commandment with promise: 
“that it may be well with you and you may live long on the earth.” 



LIFE LESSON:

INSTRUCTIONS FOR PARENTS


PROVERBS 22:6

Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it.


EPHESIANS  6:4

And you, fathers, do not provoke your children 
to wrath, but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord.



LIFE LESSON :

RESPECT ONE ANOTHER


ROMANS 12:10

Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another;


COLOSSIANS  3:25 

But he who does wrong will be repaid for what he has done, and there is no partiality.

 



LIFE LESSON:

YOUNG PEOPLE HONOR AND RESPECT  OLDER ADULTS AND GOD


LEVITICUS 19:32 

‘You shall rise before the gray headed and honor the presence of an old man, 
and fear your God: I am the Lord.

1 PETER  5:1, 5-7

1 The elders who are among you I exhort, I who am a fellow elder and a witness
of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that will be revealed:

Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders. Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for“God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble.”
Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, 
casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.

1 TIMOTHY  5:1-2

1 Do not rebuke an older man, but exhort him as a father, younger men as brothers, 
older women as mothers, younger women as sisters, with all purity.


 




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE