LIFE LESSON TODAY, 8/8/14







My Sunday school teacher always told our 
class that we should be good if we wanted
to go to heaven.  I have heard my pastor  
preach the same thing.  I believe that there
is a heaven and a hell.  I believe it because  
the Bible says so. I  stand on the scriptures:



JOHN 17:17   

Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.


2 TIMOTHY 3:16

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction,  for instruction in righteousness.



The rest of this week I'll share scriptures about  heaven.  The Bible gives several descriptions of heaven. This includes the atmosphere, the outer space where the stars, moon, sun,galaxies, and planets are. There is mention of a paradise, and  

the third heaven also.  The scriptures that I am sharing with you, should explain to what heaven
is, how it looks, and why we should want to go
there. There are a multitude of scriptures about
heaven and I'm sharing the ones I feel portray
my message. 

Today, I will share scriptureS on Paradise and the 

Third Heaven. A description of heaven will also
be given.


LIFE LESSON:

THERE IS PARADISE AND THIRD HEAVEN




LUKE 23:39-41, 43

 
39 Then one of the criminals who were hanged
blasphemed Him, saying, “If You are the Christ,
save Yourself and us.”
40 But the other, answering, rebuked him, saying,
“Do you not even fear God, seeing you are under
the same condemnation?
41 And we indeed justly, for we receive the due
reward of our deeds; but this Man has done nothing wrong.
43 And Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say to you,
today you will be with Me in Paradise.”

2 CORINTHIANS 12:1-4



1 It is doubtless not profitable for me to boast. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord:  
I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago— whether in the body I do not know, or whether out of the body I do not know, God knows—such a one was caught up to the third heaven.
And I know such a man—whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows— 
how he was caught up into Paradise and heard inexpressible words, which it is not lawful for a man
to utter.

LIFE LESSON:

DESCRIPTION OF WHAT HEAVEN LOOKS LIKE

REVELATION 21:18-21 

 

18 The construction of its wall was of jasper; and the city was pure gold, like clear glass.
19 The foundations of the wall of the city were adorned with all kinds of precious stones: the first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third chalcedony, the fourth emerald,  
20 the fifth sardonyx, the sixth sardius, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst.
21 The twelve gates were twelve pearls: each individual gate was of one pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass.


LIFE LESSON:

THE GLORY OF GOD ILLUMINATES HEAVEN 


REVELATION 21: 22-25


22 But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.
23 The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light.
24 And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it. 
25 Its gates shall not be shut at all by day (there shall be no night there). 
 

 LIFE LESSON:

THERE IS A TREE OF LIFE IN HEAVEN THAT BEARS FRUIT


REVELATION 22:2

 

In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.


LIFE LESSON:

THERE IS MUSIC & SINGING IN HEAVEN

REVELATION 5:8-9


8   Now when He had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each having a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints
And they sang a new song,

REVELATION 14:2

And I heard a voice from heaven, like the voice of many waters, and like the voice of loud thunder. 
And I heard the sound of harpists playing their 
harps.
 

LUKE 2:13-14  

13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying:

14 “Glory to God in the highest,
And on earth peace, goodwill toward men!”


LIFE LESSON:

THERE ARE  SWEET SMELLING SAVORS IN HEAVEN

GENESIS  8:20-21


20 Then Noah built an altar to the Lord, and took 
of every clean animal and of every clean bird, and offered burnt offerings on the altar.  
21 And the Lord smelled a soothing aroma

EZRA 6:10 

  
10 that they may offer sacrifices of sweet aroma to the God of heaven, and pray for the life of the king and his sons.



EPHESIANS 5:2

And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to
God for a sweet-smelling aroma.

REVELATION 5:8  

Now when He had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each having a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. 


REVELATION 8:3-4   

Then another angel, having a golden censer, came and stood at the altar. He was given much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all the saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.  
And the smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, ascended before God from the angel’s hand.
LIFE LESSON:
 
THERE ARE MANSIONS IN HEAVEN

JOHN 14:2-3   

2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.


LIFE LESSON:

THERE ARE THRONES IN HEAVEN

PSALM 11:4

The Lord is in His holy temple,
The Lord’s throne is in heaven;


REVELATION 3:21  

To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.
 







 ORCHARD IN BLOOM IN MOROCCO





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE