LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY, 1/7/14



JOHN 14:13-14

13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that 
will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.


14 if ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

ACTS 4:12

Neither is there salvation in any other, for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

PHILIPPIANS 2:9-10

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted Him, and given Him a name which is above every name.
10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things  in heaven,
an things in earth, and things under earth.

HISTORICAL CONTEXT

The scriptures in the Bible show that the name children were given were very important.  They
had important meanings. Some of  the names 
were based on the characteristics of the child
and others were based on the family's history.

The Bible books of Luke and Matthew tells us that Mary's baby was to be named Jesus, the Son of
God. Angels announced the baby's birth to shepherds
and kings.They knew that the birth of Jesus was an important event. This child would be great and reign over kingdoms. 

LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY

My mother took me, my sister, and my brothers to church every Sunday.  I did not understand all of sermons that the pastor preached when I was 
young. I did enjoy the singing and church services.








I went to college and one of the courses I took was called, The World's Religions.  Some the religions included were Christianity, Hindu, and  Islam.  This was a very thought provoking course and I enjoyed
it very much.  I didn't even nod in the class like I did in my other classes.  My interest in religion at that time was brief.  I rushed through study time so I could spend time with my friends and go to parties. 

  LECTURE  IN COLLEGE CLASSROOM

 


I got married,worked full-time, and had two sons.
My life was consumed with being a good wife, a
good mother and competent co-worker. 

I became friends with a lady at work who talked 
about her church all of the time.  She was getting
on my nerves, so I said,  "Let  me see this church 
you keep bragging about". I went to church with 
her and had had a rude awakening.  The church
members were from several ethnic groups. No one seemed to notice skin color and liked to hug a lot!  Everyone had a Bible. They didn't sign traditional
hymns and some people were playing drums and
guitars. All of this was a lot to absorb at one time.

A lady named Mary did a solo and I was very impressed. She had the most beautiful singing
voice I had ever heard. I dreamed about Mary 
for 2 weeks straight.  The dream was vivid and
there was  no one else in the church but me and
Mary. She kept smiling and singing the same 
beautiful song over and over again.

The moral to this story is, I started became a 
member of this church. I bought a Bible and 
studied it. I believe that the name of Jesus
is above every name. I discovered that there
is power in the name of Jesus.    

 






ENJOY THIS YOUTUBE SELECTION




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE