LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY, 1/23/14

JAMES  3:16-18


16 For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there. 
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, 
then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy. 
18 Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.
 
HISTORICAL CONTEXT 

James, the servant of God is explaining what God's wisdom is and the advantages of using these traits 
in order to live a peaceful life.  He  also explains that displaying envy and selfishness leads to confusion.

LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY: THE GREEN EYED MONSTER

I worked in a large office environment for over
twenty years.  I have witnessed all types of 
devious behavior.  I agree with the scriptures
in the Bible book of James.  Our office had more confusion and low moral when evil people were
allowed to be on our team.  I have seen a lot of 
green eyed monsters. Some were  managers and some were employees.  The team did not produce quality or quantity work.  There was not a peaceful environment present and going to staff meetings made you want to run to the parking lot for cover. 
I had to do a lot of praying on my way to work.  I asked the Lord to help me cope and remove me
from strife. I asked Him to help me have patience
and not contribute to the turmoil.  He gave me wisdom and I knew when to keep quite and let Him handle the situation.  Sometimes I was promoted to 
a different department.  Sometimes the evil person 
was dismissed or relocated. Either way, my prayers were answered.

The office place has some people that are sneaky
and are full of evil tricks.  They portray themselves 
as caring people while they are scheming to take 
your job away from you.  The Lord looks out for 
His sheep.  He will reveal to you who are the sheep wearing wolves clothing!!  



Thomas Bewick, ‘The Wolf in sheep’s clothing’ illustration 

Fables of Aesop and others, 1818










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE