LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY, 1/16/14



GENESIS 25:27-28


27  So the boys grew. And Esau was a skillful hunter, a man of the field; but Jacob was a mild man, dwelling in tents.

 28  And Isaac loved Esau because he ate of his game, but Rebekah loved Jacob.


GENESIS 27:15-17


15  Then Rebekah took the choice clothes of her elder son Esau, which were with her in the house, and put them on Jacob her younger son.

16 And she put the skins of the kids of the goats on his hands and on the smooth part of his neck.

17 Then she gave the savory food and the bread, which she had prepared, into the hand of her son Jacob.

Genesis 27:25


35  But he said, “Your brother came with deceit and has taken away your blessing.”


 


HISTORICAL CONTEXT

Issac and Rebekah had twin sons names Jacob and Esau.  Genesis 25 tells us that each parent had a favorite son.  In Genesis 27 we learned that Rebekah even helps her son Jacob deceive his father.  Issac and Rebekah had twin sons names Jacob and Esau.  Genesis 25 tells us that each parent had a favorite son.  In Genesis 27 we learned that Rebekah even helps her son Jacob deceive his father.   

 


 LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY



I have seen movies and soap operas that show mothers loving one child more than the other. My mother used to tell me, that you can have ten children and each one will have a different personality.  I had trouble believing this until I had my own children.  One of my sons was quiet, shy, and required very little discipline.  The second one was outgoing, friendly and was always into something. 

There was a day when my husband and I were falling out of chairs and door knobs were falling off our doors.  We were beginning to think our house was demon possessed.  I caught my youngest son with a screw driver and he was loosening the screws on my ironing board.  Our house wasn’t possessed and my son was the cause of the furniture problems.  I was about to scold him when he said, “Dad taught me to do it.”  He had been hanging around my husband when he was doing  household repairs.  He thought he was helping him out.  He was three years old at that time, so I did not punish him.  

 

 

My mom gave me plenty advice on parenting.  She said that you have to love each child unconditionally in spite of their different personalities.  She said that I may have to discipline each child according to his personality.  I should make each child feel that I love them both the same.  She was right.  A verbal scolding was all I needed for my oldest son.  The youngest required stern discipline because He was very stubborn. I can recall going to God and praying for help with rearing my sons. He helped with a lot of crucial child rearing decisions.  My sons made it to adulthood without too many faux pas.    


TWO JACOB & ESAU PUZZLES

WORD SEARCH #1

WORD SEARCH # 2

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE