LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY. 1/14/14






GENESIS 1:25



25 And God made the beast of the earth according to its kind, cattle according to its kind, and everything that creeps on the earth according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

GENESIS 2:19

19  Out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them. And whatever Adam called each living creature, that was its name.



HISTORICAL CONTEXT



The Lord assigned Adam the task of naming all
of the animals in the world. Adam must have
been a genius. I marvel at his ability to think of
names for all of the animals and creatures
without any duplications. 
 



LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY



God has created some amazing animals.  I think about colorful birds like hummingbirds, cardinals, roosters, peacocks, parrots, and the booby that 
has light blue feet! Black and white animals like the panda, penguin, Orca, dog, cow, and zebra have interesting artistic patterns. Those pink creatures
like flamingos and dolphins add glamour to the
animal kingdom. In 2009 a boy found a rare pink grasshopper. The gawky giraffe, multi-colored
butterfly, and spotted leopard make a beautiful
color palette. The environment determines the
color of the chameleon and sock eye salmon.

I could talk all day about God’s awesome creation
of interesting animals.  Scientist are still studying
the behavior of animals because there are still questions that don’t have answers for.  












 

































I have to tell you a funny story about me and a chameleon.  My husband and I took a two week vacation to Antigua a few years ago.  A 5 inch
chameleon got into our Beach cottage.  I kept
trying to swat him but was unsuccessful because
he changed to color of the walls and carpet.  This 
was the first time I had ever seen real chameleon. 
My husband was laughing so hard, tears were on
his face.  He said I was pitiful and to let him handle the situation.  He figured out how to get the chameleon out after watching me make a fool of myself!!

 

Animals even have rights now and Animal Rights Groups fight to protect them. Some animals were almost extinct until laws and restrictions were instituted. Sometimes I wondered if some people
have taken this animal rights thing too far.  

Remember Hurricane Katrina?  The authorities were rescuing dogs and cats while people were stuck on rooftops and staying the Superdome with inadequate food, water and toilet facilities.  There was public outrage when this was discovered by the media.
In the end, both humans and pets were given equal support. The state I lived in, even  sheltered people and pets displaced by Katrina.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE