LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY, 1/6/14



GENESIS  18:12-13 

12 So Sarah laughed to herself, saying, “After I am worn out, and my lord is old, shall I have pleasure?” 13 The Lord said to Abraham, “Why did Sarah laugh and say, ‘Shall I indeed bear a child, now that I am old?’


GENESIS  18:14-15

14 Is anything too hard for the Lord? At the appointed time I will return to you, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.”

15 But Sarah denied it, saying, “I did not laugh,” for she was afraid.
And He said, “No, but you did laugh!”

 PAINTING OF ABRAHAM, SARAH, & ISSAAC





HISTORICAL CONTEXT

Sarah laughed when the Lord told her that she
would have a child. She was in her nineties and Abraham was one hundred years old. She laughed because this was impossible on a human level. The
problem was, she forgot she was talking to the Lord, the miracle worker.  He chastised her and she even tried to lie to the Lord!! She claimed that she didn’t laugh. Was she calling the Lord a liar?!! The Lord
had a plan and it was carried out accordingly. Sarah did have a son. Abraham did name him Isaac because the Lord told him to.
 

LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY

I often wonder what I would have done If I had been Sarah. Would I have laughed?  I hope not, but I can’t swear what my reaction would have been. 

I prayed  for many things that I needed  and
wanted in 2013.  I have given thanks to the Lord
for all of my answered prayers and blessings that   received in 2013.




I should do like Abraham and Sarah and wait patiently for the Lord's will to be done.  During 2014 I must continue to trust and wait for my prayers to be answered according to His timetable. 

I do not make New Years resolutions because this would suggest that I am planning my life according
to my will.  My desire is to do His will and follow the path He has planned for me in 2014


 

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE