LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY, 1/10/14

GENESIS 2:20

 So Adam gave names to all cattle, to the birds of the air, and to every beast of the field. 
But for Adam there was not found a helper comparable to him

GENESIS 2:22
 
 Then the rib which the Lord God had taken from man He made into a woman, 
and He brought her to the man.

GENESIS 3:12

Then the man said, “The woman whom You gave to be with me, she gave me
of the tree, and I ate.”
  
GENESIS 3:17

Then to Adam He said, “Because you have heeded the voice of your wife,
and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying, ‘You shall 
not eat of it’:


GENESIS 3: 20

And Adam called his wife’s name Eve, because she was the mother of all living.


HISTORICAL CONTEXT

The Bible book Genesis shows that the
first married couple had conflict:

Eve caused trouble because she was
disobedient. 
Adam also got in trouble because
he  was disobedient too. 

Both of them knew that they could not eat from
the forbidden tree. Adam blamed eve and Eve 
blamed the serpent. Neither of them wanted to take responsibility for their actions. They were expelled from the Garden of Eden.





LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY

Things have not changed since Biblical times.
Husbands and wives still play "the blame game". 
I hope I have learned from Adam and Eve's mistake.  The consequences I can suffer from blaming my 
spouse for a bad decision that I made would be
unpleasant. The Lord would not be pleased with me.
A sign of maturity and righteousness would be for me
to, confess and apologize.  The Bible book Ephesians
4 tells us to forgive one another as God has forgiven you.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE