LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY, 1/28/14



GENESIS 2:24

 

24 Therefore shall a man leave his father 
and his mother, and shall cleave unto his
wife:and they shall be one flesh.



MARK 10:7-9



‘For this reason a man shall leave his father
and mother and be joined to his wife,
and the two shall become one flesh; so then
they are no longer two, but one flesh.
Therefore what God has joined together, let
not man separate.”




1 CORINTHIANS 13:11

When I was a child, I spoke as a child, 
I understood as a child, I thought as a 
child; but when I became a man, I put
away childish things.




HISTORICAL CONTEXT


These scriptures show that the Lord 
had rules for married people to follow.
This rule has been in place since Adam
and Eve. It was followed by Mary and 
Joseph also. They left their parents.
Joseph did what the angel told him to
do. He took his wife, Mary to Bethlehem.


  

LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY:
HUSBAND AND WIFE ARE ONE



I read these scriptures before I got married. 
The true meaning of these words became 
clearer to me as I got older.  My mother gave
advice on marriage. She said that I was not 
supposed allow anyone to interfere in our 
marriage. She said the marriage would last
if we worked out our own marital problems. 
The things that happened in our house was
not to be gossiped about with other people. 
She did not condone verbal or physical abuse. 
This was an serious offense and it should be
reported.

My husband was the only boy in his family 
and he was spoiled his mother and sisters.
I was concerned about this situation.  He 
said that his pastor had preached about 
the role of the man when he became a
husband. He discussed the scriptures about
leaving your parent's home when you get 
married. The pastor said that husbands and
wives were to be soul mates. You were no
longer the responsibility of your parents. You
two are adults and should try to manage your
own household.  

My husband and I did not allow our family
members to interfere in our marital affairs.
We were able to work out any problems we
had.  We were friends and the marriage
lasted for 34 years. 














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE