LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY, 1/21/14


PSALM 9:9-10

The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed,
A refuge in times of trouble.
10 And those who know Your name will put their trust in You;
For You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You.

PSALM 46:1

God is our refuge and strength,
A very present help in trouble.


HISTORICAL CONTEXT

King David wrote the Bible book of Psalm. It 
is the longest Bible book in the Old Testament.
He uses the Psalms to cry out to God and he
also uses it to show us that we can seek Him 
in times of trouble.  


LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY:
 STILL REACHING OUT

I have found that there are times when I 
just want to be still and limit my contact 
with people. I am not depressed or being
anti-social.  I am  in a spiritual place where 
man's comfort doesn't  work. I reach out for
comfort with solitude. It helps you become
more mature and less dependent on other
people.  I shut my door, play soft classical
music,do journaling, and read inspirational
books or the Book of  Psalm in the Bible. I
may even buy my favorite comfort food to
eat during this time.  I have found that this
has been more beneficial to me sometimes 
than calling, emailing, or texting a friend. 
I feel like God and I can work out whatever
problem or decision I need to make. So many 
people I meet have their own issues and don't 
need to hear mine.  




So many of my friends and associates have
teenagers and young adult children that are 
reaching out to social media for comfort.
They feel comfortable sharing their personal
thoughts on Facebook and Twitter.  They do
not come to a family member to let them
know they are hurting or having problems.
Social media is a wonderful  thing when it's 
used for the right purpose. This trend of 
unloading intimate personal details to the 
world is upsetting.  I wonder if they think 
social media is a friend they can talk to?  
Do they realize that more than their friends 
see their comments? 




I must admit that once a month I get a call from friends and relatives reporting that intimate family details are on Facebook. These young people don't realize that some of their friends run and tell their parents what they saw on Facebook. Parent (s) 
are walking around thinking their relationship with
their child is fine.  Some parents feel confident that 
no one know their family secrets. They are about 
to get a wake up call.

I told my sons about what I have learned about
this trend. I told them that they do not want to 
face me if I discover that one of them have done 
such a despicable thing.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE