LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY, 1/30/14



 
EXODUS 35: 25-26



25

 All the women who were gifted artisans spun

yarn with their hands, and brought what they

had spun, of blue, purple, and scarlet, and

fine linen.

 26

And all the women whose hearts stirred with

wisdom spun yarn of goats’ hair.



 PAINTING OF ISRAELITES  AT TABERNACLE






IMAGE OF TABERNACLE OF MOSES







JUDGES 4-5, 9, 17-18, 22


4

Now Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth,
was judging Israel at that time.



5
… And the children of Israel came up to her for judgment.



 
So she said, “I will surely go with you; nevertheless there will be no glory for you in the journey you are taking, for the Lord will sell Sisera into the hand of a woman.”



17

However, Sisera had fled away on foot to the tent of Jael, the wife of Heber the Kenite; for there was peace between Jabin king of Hazor and the house of Heber the Kenite.

18 

And Jael went out to meet Sisera, and said to him, “Turn aside, my lord, turn aside to me;

do not fear.”

22

  And then, as Barak pursued Sisera, Jael came 
out to meet him, and said to him, “Come, I will 
show you the man whom you seek.” And when
he went into her tent, there lay Sisera, dead with
the peg in his temple.





HISTORICAL CONTEXT



Moses and the Israelites were building a 
Tabernacle.  The Lord told Moses how he 
wanted the Tabernacle to be built and what
articles and materials were to put inside it.  

The Bible book of Exodus shows us that 
women had important and useful skills. 
They were not only wives and mothers.
They were blessed with the knowledge 
of spinning yarn which was turned into 
fine linen.This beautiful linen was placed
inside the tabernacle. 



There was a commander named Sisera and
he had oppressed the Israelites for twenty
years. They had prayed to the Lord for help. 
The Lord answered their prayers. There were
two women used to capture their oppressor. 
Deborah was a prophet and a judge. Military
leaders were called a judge in Bible days. Jael 
was the wife of Heber, a tent maker.  Both of
these women were resourceful and powerful. i
They were instrumental in the successful attack 
on Sisera, the commander.



LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY,

"BELIEVE IN YOURSELF "


I used to do volunteer work at a Women’s
Center many years ago. I was one of the
evaluators who gave free skills test to local
women who were entering the job market 
for the first time. There other women who
wanted a career change and wanted to see
what other skills that had. I enjoyed giving 
and scoring these tests.  I even took the test
myself. I was like most of the women I meet
at the Center. I took the first job that was I
was offered because I needed to boost  my 
family’s income.  I performed the duties that 
were given to me so I could get paid. I never  considered having a skills assessment.



I took college prep courses in high school.
My world was turned upside down when our
senior class was tested by a reputable skills assessment company. The guidance counselor
called us in to discuss the test results. The test evaluator determined that 50 % of my class was
only smart enough to be factory workers. Most 
of went home crying to our parents.  Some of 
our seniors had received straight “A’s” since the 
first grade. Their SAT scores were above average. 
A lot of them had already requested applications 
from prestigious colleges. The next day our high
school was in turmoil. The parents wanted the guidance counselor fired and the test evaluator
called in. Everything turned out alright in the end. 
It was determined that the evaluator was a brand
new trainee. The skills assessments results were
done manually when I went to high school. The trainee calculated the test scores wrong. New test
scores were submitted to the counselor.







I learned a valuable lesson that day. You
must believe in yourself and know what 
you are capable of doing. I embrace the
learning skills that the Lord has blessed 
me with. A test score can be helpful in 
gauging your skills but should not be the
only consideration for judging a person's
aptitude. I read stories about people with
“great minds” who were underrated and
misunderstood.
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE