LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY, 1/29/14

 GENESIS 2:24

Therefore shall a man leave his father
and his mother, and shall cleave unto his
wife:and they shall be one flesh.

MARK 10:7-9

7 ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father
and mother and be joined to his wife,
8 and the two shall become one flesh; so then
they are no longer two, but one flesh.
9 Therefore what God has joined together, let
not man separate.”

1 CORINTHIANS 13:11

 
When I was a child, I spoke as a child,
I understood as a child, I thought as a
child; but when I became a man, I put
away childish things.


HISTORICAL CONTEXT

These scriptures show that the Lord
had rules for married people to follow.
These rules have been in place since
 Adam and Eve were in the Garden.
They were  followed by Mary and
Joseph also. They left their parents
when they got married.  Joseph did
what the angel told him to do. He
took his wife, Mary to Bethlehem.





LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY: 
HUSBAND & WIFE ARE ONE, PART 2

The Bible book 1 Corinthians 13 describes one of 
the traits a man should have. I have heard more 
jokes than I can count about a "mama's boy".
I had the pleasure of dating a mama's boy a long

time ago. I found out that he had not, "put away
childish things".  I thought that it will be hard for
this mama's boy to be "joined to his wife".

I was dating a guy who had always stayed 
at home with his mother.  I had to consider 
a few things before I thought about marrying
him.  Will he be mature enough to hold down 
a job long term?  Will he be able to manage a household?  I remembered how long it took 
me to  adjust to being on my own. Did I want
to marry a man who had to learn this?  Could
he manage our  family's  money?  Could he 
make important family decisions without asking 
his mother? Could I tolerate being compared to
her? Would he allow his mother to interfere in
our marriage?

I knew better than to think that I could change
him after I married him. I already had too many girlfriends who thought they could change their husbands after they married them.  Most of 
them had to do the changing! They had to give 
up dreams and change their lifestyles in order 
to stay married. They thought compromising 
was better than divorcing.  I wanted to learn 
from their mistakes.  I figured that I would get 
hurt like they did, if I married this guy. I moved
on to someone else. 

I realize that there are exceptions. A guy may
be living at home with his mother because she
is widowed or disabled. He has lived on his own before but moved back home with his mother
temporarily.  I probably would have to adjust to sharing my time alone with him for a while. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE