LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY. 1/27/14



ISAIAH 43:2

When you pass through the waters, I will be 
with you; And through the rivers, they shall 
not overflow you. When you walk through 
the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall
the flame scorch you.



MATTHEW 5:4

Blessed are those who mourn, For they 
shall be comforted.



MATTHEW 11:28

Come to Me, all you who labor and are
 heavy laden, and I will give you rest.



ROMANS  8:18


For I consider that the sufferings of this present
time are not worthy to be compared with the 
glory which shall be revealed in us.


 
HISTORICAL CONTEXT



The Bible books of Genesis, Numbers, 
1 Samuel, 2 Samuel, Job, Psalms, John
and Matthew in Holy Land grieved during
Bible days. It was common practice for
groups of people to walk down the streets
weeping and sobbing.  The grieving men 
usually tore their clothes or wore sackcloths.
The grieving people in the community may 
have mourned for 30 days or more especially
for the death of a king.   



IMAGE OF MOURNER IN SACKCLOTH



 

PAINTING OF MOURNERS WITH 
JESUS IN JERUSALEM






LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY :  WORDS OF COMFORT



This week-end there was news of a fatal car crash

on I-40.  I only watched the news story for a few

moments and resumed cooking my dinner. I got a

phone call 30 minutes later. My mother informed

me that the victim in the fatal crash was from our

home town.  I was reminded of the saying, “You
can be here today and gone tomorrow”.   



I have loss several family members in the
last 15 years.  I am amazed at some of the

comments people make to grieving people. 
They think they are offering words of comfort. 
This is not the time to say, “I know what you
are going through,” then start telling about all 
the people they have lost since 1925!!. I care
about their loss but I was not be in the mood
to hear about it right after I just came from 
my loved one's funeral.  




 



Our family members did not feel like eating.

We had people come by just to eat and

stayed until the last crumb was gone!!

Some people tried to be discreet, others

did not.



Visitors come by to solicit info so they can

determine how much is in your family’s estate.

They make excuses to go to the bathroom so

they can look around and survey the goods!



I was trying to have the “Patience of Job”!!

These people were adding to my stress level.
I did receive some good advice from my aunt. 
She had just lost her husband recently. She 
told me to pray for God’s Peace. I gave it a try because I was feeling overwhelmed. I suddenly
felt calmer and was able to stop letting people’s actions bother me. I missed my loved ones and mourned because I would not see them again.
I realized that my loved one would not have to 
deal with troubles in this world. They would not experience anymore pain or sickness.
 

I don’t try to do a lot of talking to grieving people.

I just tell them to pray for “God’s Peace”.  He will
be “Your Jehovah Shalom”.  


 

       







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE