THE GRACE EXPERIENCE!




PAINTING : PRIDE & JOY, T. RICHARD




I never knew how important the

word grace was, until I had my 
son.  I went into labor in the my
eighth month of pregnancy. My
son weighed 4 lb. 9 oz. He was
tiny but his body was perfectly
formed. He had no major health

problems. He had to stay at the 
hospital until his weight reached
5 pounds.
I had not decided on a name for 
my son. I still did not have one
when the lady with the birth 
certificates came by.  She said, 
"This has to be completed today!"  Suddenly I blurted out, Chen! I
had no idea what made me say 
that name. I had never heard 
that name before. Amazingly, 
my husband didn't balk at the 
name. He said it was alright. 

Several years later, I discovered 

that the word grace was "Chen" 
in Hebrew! I almost fell out of 
my chair! Wow! The Lord had 
blessed by son with a Hebrew 
name! I explained this to my
son and he was happy! He said
he would  still have problems. 
Each new school year was a
challenge. The school teachers 
always thought he was Chinese. 
Just imagine how shocked they
were to discover that an Afro-
American child would say, "Here
I am!" We laughed because now 
he could explain that his name 
was Hebrew not Chinese!

 

This week I share some scriptures
about grace. The biblical meaning 
of grace is the unmerited favor of 
God. Grace is used more than 140
times in the Bible. 

Tomorrow I'll discuss some people
in the Bible who received grace 
from God!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE