WHAT DOES IT MEAN? #2



THE DENIAL OF SAINT PETER BY CARAVAGGIO, 1610




I used hate a roosters because, I had to get up early after he crowed.  I stayed 
with my cousins during the summer.We went to bed early and got up after the rooster made his debut.

The rooster means something to me now.  I read the Bible story about Peter and the rooster.  It gave me a new perspective
about the rooster’s crow!
 
LIFE LESSON:

JESUS, PETER, & THE ROOSTER 






MATTHEW 26:34, 74-75

34 Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say
to you that this night, before the rooster crows, you will deny Me three times.”

74 Then he began to curse and swear, saying, “I do not know the Man!” Immediately a rooster crowed.
75 And Peter remembered the word of Jesus who had said to him, “Before the rooster crows, you will deny Me three times.” So he went out and wept bitterly.

MARK 13:35

Watch therefore, for you do not know when the master of the house is coming
in the evening, at midnight, at the crowing of the rooster, or in the morning

MARK 14:30, 68, 72

30 Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say to you that today, even this night, before the rooster crows twice, you will deny Me three times.”

68 But he denied it, saying, “I neither know nor understand what you are saying.” And he went out on the porch, and a rooster crowed.

72 A second time the rooster
crowed. Then Peter called to
mind the word that Jesus had
said to him,“Before the rooster
crows twice, you will deny Me
three times.” And when he 
thought about it, he wept.
 
LUKE 22:14, 60-61

14 Then He said, “I tell you, Peter,
the rooster shall not crow this day 
before you will deny three times 
that you know Me.”

60 But Peter said, “Man, I do not know what you are saying!” Immediately, while he was still speaking, the rooster crowed.
61 And the Lord turned and looked at Peter. Then Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how He had said to him, “Before the rooster crows, you will deny Me three times.”
 
JOHN 13:38
 
Jesus answered him, “Will you lay down your life for My sake? Most assuredly, I say to you, the rooster shall not crow till you have denied Me three times.

JOHN 18:27

Peter then denied again; and immediately a rooster crowed.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE