THE GRACE EXPERIENCE! #3









There is one thing that I’ve learned 
as I have gotten older,I need God’s
grace!  God’s grace has saved me
from a lot of tragedies. I’ve been
saved from near missed head on
collisions, lightening strikes, fatal 
falls, and house fires.
 

I have made terrible decisions but 
His grace and favor saved me! My
daily prayers include requests for
His wisdom and grace.


This week I share some scriptures 
about grace. The biblical meaning 
of grace is the unmerited favor of
God.  The word grace is used more

than 140 times in the Bible.  

Today’s I’ll share scriptures that 
discuss some people who found
grace in the sight of God.




DEPICTION:

JACOB'S VOW  @ BETHEL 



LIFE LESSON:

JACOB HAD GRACE IN THE SIGHT OF GOD!





GENESIS 32:9, 28, 30

9 Then Jacob said, “O God of 
my father Abraham and God of
my father Isaac,the Lord who 
said to me, ‘Return to your 
country and to your family, 
and I will deal well with you’:

28And He said, “Your name
shall no longer be called Jacob, 
but Israel; for you have struggled
with God and with men, and have prevailed.”

30, So Jacob called the name
of the place Peniel: “For I have 
seen God face to face, and my
life is preserved.”


GENESIS  35:3 

Then let us arise and go up to Bethel; 
and I will make an altar there to God,
who answered me in the day of my distress and has been with me in the 
way which I have gone.” 



2 KINGS 13:23

But the Lord was gracious to 
them, had compassion on them,
and regarded them, because of
His covenant with Abraham, Isaac, 
and Jacob, and would not yet destroy them or cast them from His presence.

PSALM 47:4

He will choose our inheritance for us, 
The excellence of Jacob whom He loves.

PSALM 135: 4

For the Lord has chosen Jacob for Himself, Israel for His special treasure.

JEREMIAH 31:11

For the Lord has redeemed Jacob, 
And ransomed him from the hand 
of one stronger than he.

MATTHEW 1:16

And Jacob begot Joseph the husband
of Mary, of whom was born Jesus who 
is called Christ.






DAVID SLINGS STONE, JAMES J. TISSOT
(1896-1900), JEWISH MUSEUM, N.Y.

LIFE LESSON:

DAVID HAD GRACE IN THE SIGHT OF GOD!


1 SAMUEL 16:13

Then Samuel took the horn of oil
and anointed him in the midst of 
his brothers; and the Spirit of the
Lord came upon David from that 
day forward. So Samuel arose and 
went to Ramah.

1 SAMUEL 17:37

Moreover David said, “The Lord, 
who delivered me from the paw 
of the lion and from the paw of 
the bear, He will deliver me from
the hand of this Philistine.” And 
Saul said to David, “Go, and the 
Lord be with you!”

1 SAMUEL 30:8

So David inquired of the Lord,
saying, “Shall I pursue this troop? 
Shall I overtake them?” And He 
answered him, “Pursue, for you 
shall surely overtake them and 
without fail recover all.

ACTS 7:44-46

44 “Our fathers had the tabernacle
of witness in the wilderness, as He appointed, instructing Moses to make
it according to the pattern that he had seen,
45 which our fathers, having received
it in turn, also brought with Joshua into
the land possessed by the Gentiles,whom God drove out before the face of our fathers until the days of David.
46 who found favor before God and asked to find a dwelling for the God of Jacob. 

ACTS 13:21-22





21 And afterward they asked for a king;
so God gave them Saul the son of Kish,
a man of the tribe of Benjamin, for 
forty years.

22 And when He had removed him,
He raised up for them David as king,
to whom also He gave testimony and 
said, ‘I have found David the son of 
Jesse, a man after My own heart, who 
will do all My will.’




 


LIFE LESSON:





MARY, MOTHER OF JESUS, HAD GRACE IN THE SIGHT OF GOD



LUKE 1:28-30


28 And having come in, the angel said 
to her, “Rejoice, highly favored one, 
the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!”

29 But when she saw him,  she was troubled at his saying, and considered what manner of greeting this was.

30 Then the angel said to her, “Do not 
be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God.



MATTHEW 1:20

 

But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.






DEPICTION:

PAUL & BARNABAS



LIFE LESSON:





PAUL IS IN THE GRACE OF GOD





ACTS 13:43



Now when the congregation had broken up, many of the Jews and devout proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas, who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.

 

1 CORINTHIANS 3:10



According to the grace of God which 
was given to me (PAUL), as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one 
take heed how he builds on it.




2 CORINTHIANS 8:1



Moreover, brethren, we make known 
to you the grace of God bestowed on 
the churches of Macedonia.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE