THANKFUL DEEDS!



          DEPICTION OF ELIJAH AND WIDOW

 

My mother taught her children to always say, 
"Thank you" when someone did something 
nice for us.  Her advice stuck with me and I

tried to do this often.I have even called some
people a second time to make sure I did not 
forget to say, "Thank you".  I say, Thank you 
to the Lord throughout the day for each daily blessings.I consider waking up to see another 
day and arriving back home safely when I run
an errand important.  These are just a few of 
my daily blessings that from the Lord.      

Today,  I'll share scriptures that show two people

who were thankful for the help they received. The 
Lord blessed them for being obedient and sharing 
with one another.    


 





LIFE LESSON:

ELIJAH OBEYS THE LORD; VISITS THE WIDOW.





1 KINGS 17: 10-16, 17, 19, 21-23

10 So he arose and went to  Zarephath. And when 

he came to the gate of the city, indeed a widow was there gathering sticks.And he called to her and said, “Please bring me a little water in a cup, that I may drink.”
11 And as she was going to get it, he called to her and said, “Please bring me a morsel of bread in your hand.”
12 So she said, “As the Lord your God lives, I do not have bread, only a handful of flour in a bin, and a little oil in a jar; and see, I am gathering a couple of sticks that I may go in and prepare it for myself and my son, that we may eat it, and die.”



LIFE LESSON: 

WIDOW OBEDIENT & SHARES HER LAST MEAL



13 And Elijah said to her, “Do not fear; go and do as you have said, but make me a small cake from it first, and bring it to me;and afterward make some for yourself and your son.
14 For thus says the Lord God of Israel: ‘The bin of flour shall not be used up, nor shall the jar of oil run dry, until the day the Lord sends rain on the earth.’”
15 So she went away and did according to the word 

of Elijah;and she and he and her household ate for many days.
16 The bin of flour was not used up, nor did the jar of oil run dry, according to the word of the Lord which He spoke by Elijah.


17 Now it happened after these things that the son 

of the woman who owned the house became sick. 
And his sickness was so serious that there was no breath left in him.







DEPICTION OF ELIJAH AND WIDOW'S SON





19 And he said to her, “Give me your son.” So he 

took him out of her arms and carried him to the 
upper room where he was staying, and laid him 
on his own bed. 


LIFE LESSON: 




ELIJAH GRATEFUL; PRAYS FOR WIDOW'S SON 



21 And he stretched himself out on the child three times, and cried out to the Lord and said, “O Lord
my God, I pray, let this child’s soul come back to
him.”
22 Then the Lord heard the voice of Elijah; and the soul of the child came back to him, and he revived.
23 And Elijah took the child and brought him down from the upper room into the house, and gave him 

to his mother. And Elijah said,“See, your son lives!”








HEBREW BLESSING FOR BREAD






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE