DOUBTING THOMAS!



THE INCREDULITY OF SAINT THOMAS 
BY CARAVAGGIO,  CIRCA 1601



I had to learn about Evolution in elementary
school. I had to respect my teacher and not
tell her I didn't believe her. I just didn't want
to believe I started out as a ape.  I went to 
Sunday school and my teacher talked about 
Creation.  I really liked the story and I never
questioned whether it was true or not. I did
not make the connection between the story 
of Evolution and Creation until years later.  
I heard a sermon by Dr James Kennedy on 
the subject and I was "blown away". I did
like listening to all of his sermons because 
he was so  articulate.  He always gave his 
church members Biblical facts.His sermons 
were not boring.I spent a lot of time going
over my notes and did intense Bible Study.
I guess my teachers did not want to point 
out which theory they believed for fear of
getting fired. It was  a personal issue that
I had to resolve for myself anyway.  

I didn't have to be a genius to figure out 
that man couldn't have created the world.
I don't believe man's ideas about space 
development. I believe the Bible book of 
Genesis.Our development from conception 
to birth and DNA is proof  for me that the
story of Evolution is not true.I believe that 
man didn't control the weather regardless 
of  the weatherman's predictions. There is 
still not an almanac,  groundhog,  weather
man, Doppler radar and meteorologist who
can predict the weather with 100 per cent
accuracy.I do respect meteorologist. I am
glad their predictions help me dress right
for the weather most days. I must point 
that these are my beliefs and of course, 
everyone has a right to their own opinion. 

I liked the story of "Doubting Thomas" because
he reminded me of some people I know.Thomas 
was one of Jesus' twelve disciples.  He had seen
Jesus perform Miracles first hand. Jesus had told
His disciples that He would return.  The disciples
told Thomas that they had seen Jesus.  Thomas 
refused to believe that Jesus had risen. He said 
that he had to see His wounds.  He did believe 
after he saw Jesus' and wounds.

Here are the scriptures that discuss Doubting Thomas:

JOHN 16: 5-7

“But now I go away to Him who sent Me, and
none of you asks Me, ‘Where are You going?’ 
But because I have said these things to you, 
sorrow has filled your heart.  
Nevertheless I tell you the truth.  It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, 
the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I 
will send Him to you.



JOHN 20:24-29 


24 Now Thomas, called the Twin, one of the twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. 
25 The other disciples therefore said to him, “We have seen the Lord.”
So he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into
the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”
26 And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came,
 the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, “Peace to you!” 
27 Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your 
hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.”
28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”
29 Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE