CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 2







I was doing Bible study one night and it  became clear to me that, Noah, Moses, Deborah, Jonah, Lydia- Seller of Purple,  The Twelve Disciples, and Paul were all CALLED by God. The Lord may require  some people to carry out a special task.  There will be others that may be told to minister His Word or travel the world as a missionary.  
This week I'll share scriptures about different men and women that were called by the Lord.   Some of these people were rebellious and did answer His call.  

Today I'll share scriptures which show how the 
Lord called Moses. He did not think he was the
right person for the task. He did finally agree to
do what the Lord ask. The Lord was with Moses
and the Israelites throughout their journey. 





EXODUS 3:4, 7-8, 11-14





4 So when the Lord saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush and said, “Moses, Moses!” And he said, “Here I am.”



7 And the Lord said: “I have surely seen the oppression of My people who are in Egypt, 
and have heard their cry because of their taskmasters, for I know their sorrows.

8 So I have come down to deliver them out
of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring 
them up from that land to a good and large
land, to a land flowing with milk and honey...




11 But Moses said to God, “Who am I that I 
should go to Pharaoh, and that I should bring
the children of Israel out of Egypt?”

12 So He said, “I will certainly be with you. 
And this shall be a sign to you that I have sent 
you: When you have brought the people out o
Egypt, you shall serve God on this mountain.”

13 Then Moses said to God, “Indeed, when I
come to the children of Israel and say to them,
 ‘The God of your fathers has sent

me to you,’ and they say to me, ‘What is His name?’ what shall I say to them?”

14 And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” 
And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children
of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”

EXODUS 4:10,14, 20


10 Then Moses said to the Lord, “O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither before nor since 
You have spoken to Your servant; but I am slow of speech and slow of tongue.”





14 So the anger of the Lord was kindled against Moses, and He said: “Is not Aaron the Levite your brother? I know that he can speak well. And look, he is also coming out to meet you. When he sees you, he will be glad in his heart.


20 Then Moses took his wife and his sons and set them on a donkey, and he returned to the land of Egypt. And Moses took the rod of God in his hand.






Biblical Map showing areas that are believed to be
 The Promised Land 




PICTURE OF AREA THOUGHT TO BE 
THE PROMISED LAND NEAR JERUSALEM



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE