CALLED BY THE LORD






I attended my high school class reunion
luncheon a few years ago.  I was talking 
to one of my classmates' husband while 
I was making more punch.  He told me 
that he had a secret.I kept listening with
out making any comments. He said that 
he had been called to preach by God a
few years ago.  All I knew to say was, 
"Oh"! He said that he was going to finally 
answer God's call.  He admitted that his 
recent mini stroke made him made him
see the light. He had been running away
from God and this stroke was his wake 
up call.  He said that he was going to tell 
his wife his "Good News" and take steps 
to become a minister. I must admit talking

this guy was odd to me.  I had never said 
more than, Hello to him in my lifetime.  I 
only knew who he was because,he married 
my classmate. I'm not sure why he decided
to share this story with me. Anyway, a few 
months later, my mom said that he gave a
trial sermon at her church.

I had always been curious about people who
said they were, "CALLED TO PREACH ". I did 
not ask my classmate's husband, how did he 
know he was called to preach. 

I was doing Bible study one night and it 
became clear to me that, Noah, Moses,
Deborah, Jonah, Lydia- Seller of Purple, 
The Twelve Disciples, and Paul were all
CALLED by God. The Lord may require 
some people to carry out a special task. 
There will be others that may be told to
minister His Word or travel the world as
a missionary.  

This week I'll share scriptures about different
men and women that were called by the Lord.  
Some of these people were rebellious and did
answer His call. 


NOAH





NOAH'S SACRIFICE: BY DANIEL MACLISE



GENESIS 6:11-14

11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
12 So God looked upon the earth, and indeed it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted 

their way on the earth.
13 And God said to Noah, “The end of all flesh has come before Me, for the earth is 

filled with violence through  them; and behold, I will destroy them with the earth. 
14 Make yourself an ark of gopherwood; make rooms in the ark, and cover it inside and 
outside with pitch.


GENESIS 7:1, 7-12

1 Then the Lord said to Noah, “Come into the ark, 

you and all your household, because I have seen
that you are righteous before Me in this generation.

7 So Noah, with his sons, his wife, and his sons’ wives, went into the ark because of the waters of
the flood.
8 Of clean animals, of animals that are unclean, 

of birds, and of everything that creeps on the earth,
9 two by two they went into the ark to Noah, male and female, as God had commanded Noah.
10 And it came to pass after seven days that the waters of the flood were on the earth.
11 In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month,
on that day all the fountains of the great deep were broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.
12 And the rain was on the earth forty days and forty nights.



GENESIS 8: 15-17, 20-21

15 Then God spoke to Noah, saying, 
16 “Go out of the ark, you and your wife, and your sons and your sons’ wives with you.
17 Bring out with you every living thing of all flesh that is with you: birds and cattle and every creeping thing that creeps on the earth, so that they may abound on the earth, and be fruitful and multiply on the earth.” 

20 Then Noah built an altar to the Lord, and took of every clean animal and of every clean bird, and offered burnt offerings on the altar.
21 And the Lord smelled a soothing aroma. Then the Lord said in His heart, “I will never again curse the ground for man’s sake, although the imagination of man’s heart is evil from his youth; nor will I again destroy every living thing as I have done.




 

DEPICTION OF ALTAR BUILT BY NOAH

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE