REMEMBER YOUR BROTHER!





This week there will be a lot of hustle and bustle
as people prepare for their Thanksgiving Celebrations.

I am reminding myself and others to remember the
real purpose of the season-to Give Thanks!
Wheter I am rich or poor, I am alive and in good
health.  That is a blessing for sure!!


I can be thankful,  grateful and spread cheer
to someone else too.  We must remember
people we know in our neighborhood, church,
work place, or community that may be
in a bad place this Thanksgiving.  I may not know 

these people well enough to invite them to my 
home: however;there is still a way to help.  
The TV and Radio stations always show names
of churches, and organizations that feed people 
I mentioned. I an make a donation or volunteer
to help them serve on Thanksgiving .


My 86 year old  neighbor called  me very elated
because of a good deed someone did for her.A church 

box filled with a turkey, bag of dressing and other items 
to prepare her Thanksgiving meal. She lives alone and has 
a fixed income.  She always decline when I invite her to
my house for Thanksgiving.  I am glad she accepted this 
donation from the church.

Here are some scriptures that remind us to think of others:


PSALM 68:5-6  

5 A father of the fatherless, a defender of widows,
Is God in His holy habitation.
6 God sets the solitary in families;
He brings out those who are bound into prosperity;
But the rebellious dwell in a dry land.


HEBREWS 13:16  

16 But do not forget to do good and to share, for with such
sacrifices God is well pleased.


PHILIPPIANS  2:4


4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests,
but also for the interests of others.


MATTHEW  25:35-40

35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty
and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took 

Me in;
36 I was naked and you clothed Me;  I was sick and you visited
Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, 

when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink?
38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or

naked and clothe You?
39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come
to You?’
40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly,
I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’

JAMES 2:14-17
14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he 

has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?
15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily 

food,
16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit?
17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

PROVERBS  19:17

17 He who has pity on the poor lends to the Lord,
And He will pay back what he has given.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE