LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY, 3/28/14














MATTHEW 5: 10-12  



10 
Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, For theirs is the kingdom
of heaven.

11
“Blessed are you when they revile and persecute
you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for
My sake.

12  
Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.




HISTORICAL CONTEXT



Jesus was giving a sermon on a mountain 
to His disciples and people who followed Him.  
This sermon is called "The Sermon on the Mount". 
He explained to them what behaviors and attitudes that He would bless. The result of His blessings were
also explained to them. These blessings are called "The Beatitudes". I will feature the Beatitudes every day this  week.



LIFE LESSON FOR THIS WEEK




The Beatitudes are important to people who are 
trying to live a Godly life. I am trying to exhibit
more of these behaviors in 2014.  I know my life

will be blessed because I am attempting to draw closer to Jesus Christ.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE