LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY, 3/13/14





HEBREWS  13:5


Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”



HISTORICAL CONTEXT

 

The Bible book of Hebrew 13 gives us moral code of ethics to live by.  Some of them include, you must love your brother, do not commit adultery, and you should be content with the things you have. The Lord will never abandon you.

LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY


I am comforted by the fact the Lord will never leave me or forsake me. This is a promise that man can't make. Life circumstances can cause a loved one to
leave you. Some events are planned and some are not.

I used to love the TV show called, "The Locator". 
I liked it because it showed the pros and cons of adoption. It featured the lifestyle of the adopted person. It also included the lifestyle of the person
who gave up the child. There were several heart wrenching episodes.  Sometimes the biological
parent and child developed a close relationship. 
There were a couple of shows I saw that did not
end well. I was saddened when the show stopped being shown in our area. I have to watch it online.
I guess that is a good thing since I can watch my favorite episode several times. 

I have had good friends that I saw often. 
One day their spouse was promoted to a
job in another state.  We did try to keep
in touch but eventually the phone calls 
and  emails stopped.  I friends who have
moved away and  we exchange  Holiday
greeting cards every year.  I have found
some of my old friends on Facebook. We 
do annual Facebook birthday greetings. 

The point is, I  have to adjust and move 
on when a parent, child, friend, or  mate 
has gone from my life for whatever reason.  
I love my friends and relatives but I know
that life has twists and turns.  It hurts less 
when I remember the Lord's Promise. He is 
just a pray away!



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE