LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY, 3/10/14







MATTHEW  19:14

But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.


HISTORICAL  CONTEXT


The followers of Jesus began to bring their children so  He could touch them.  The disciples scolded the children.  Jesus told the disciples not to keep the children from Him.  Children can go to heaven too.  


LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY

WONDERFUL CHILDREN'S MINISTRIES





I love to see young people singing and taking 
part in the church service. I am glad churches
have children's church and children's ministries 
now.  The churches in our area had just begun
this trend when my two boys were going to the elementary school.  I thank God often for this blessing.  I recall that there was nothing more aggravating than trying to listen to the pastor's  sermon with small children making noise.  It is 
very hard for children to sit still and be quite for
long periods of time. 

I remember when I had to sit still in church when
I was young. It was torture because I didn't know 
what the sermon was about. My brother and I got punished if we didn't sit still in church.  Trying not
to fidget in my sit and not talk was torture too.

Some young people are able to avoid getting 
into gangs. They also avoid getting arrested 
for breaking the law when they are bought up
in the church. I had a rebellious phase when I 
was a teenager.  I didn't last long though. Four teenagers in my senior class were killed when 
they were in a terrible car accident. They were joyriding and car racing. The driver lost control 
of the car. Three guys were killed instantly. The
girl sustained severe head injuries and remained 
in a coma for several months.  She died on our graduation day. The principal waited until after 
the graduation ceremony was over to tell us sad news. She had passed away while her classmates  were getting their diplomas.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE