LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY, 3/14/14






ISAIAH 41:10

I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. 

HEBREWS 10:35-36

35 Therefore do not cast away your confidence, 
which has great reward.
36 For you have need of endurance, so that after 
you have done the will of God, you may receive
the promise...


LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY

"LETTING GO"

I have had a close friend and an aunt who 
have become very ill recently.  I try to be 
sensitive to the words that I use when I 
talk to them. I try to avoid old cliches' 
which might be offensive. I'll may ask, 
"How are you feeling today?" I don't like 
to say, "How are you"? This seems to be
inappropriate since they shared that they
are very sick. I just listen and let them talk.
I ask if there is any chore or errand they I
can do for them.  I may send them a CD 
player with soothing music and a pair of
small earplugs. I only visit or talk to them
if they say they are having a good day.  If
their voice sounds strained and weak.  I
just say, " Go back and rest. I'll call again
tomorrow". I'll read scriptures to them if 
they feel up to hearing them.

They have shared some issues that have had 
with  well meaning people. Some of them kept 
talking, even when they were told, " don't feel 
well today". Some will stop by without calling 
and stay forever. I told them don't not answer 
my call it they are in pain or having a bad day. 
I know they will call me when they feel better. 
I never go by for a visit and  not call first. Both
of them take strong narcotics because the pain
is severe. 

I pray for my friend and aunt daily.  I pray  for Jehovah Shalom to comfort them and give them
peace with whatever God's will is.  I should pray
for healing but sometimes it is clear that the end
is near. They are not healed and modern medicine
is not going to save them.   I try not to  listen to
the day that the doctor gives as a end time. The
Lord decides this, not man. I just pray for "peace
be still" for the sick person and their family. Grief
is an emotion I would like to avoid. People will try
to comfort you, but prayer and time is the ultimate Comforter.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE