LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY, 3/4/14








I was named after my father, so my name is unisex.
I have gotten over being angry when I get mail with mister on it.  I guess I have something in common with female movie stars with masculine first names. One difference is these women are famous and no 
one would dare address their mail with mister on it!
During Bible days, choosing a name for your child 
was very important. Most of the time the name fit 
the personality of the child. 

I have a list of popular Biblical names that I favor. 
I loved reading about their history in the Bible.  

Biblical Names & Meaning

 ABEDNEGO  Means "servant of Nebo". 

Nebo being the Babylonian god of wisdom.

ABEL  Hebrew name which meant "breath".

ABRAHAM   meaning "father of many" in Hebrew.

ADAM  Hebrew word for "man".

AMOS  Means "carried" in Hebrew.

BARAK  Means "lightning" in Hebrew.

CAIN  Means "acquired" in Hebrew.

DANIEL  Hebrew name meaning "God is my judge".

DAVID  Hebrew  meaning "beloved".

ELI  means "ascension" in Hebrew.

ELIZABETH  Hebrew name meaning "my God is an oath" or  "my God is abundance".

EMMANUEL  Hebrew name meaning "God is with us"
GABRIEL  Hebrew name meaning "strong man of God".
ISHMAEL  Hebrew name meaning "God will hear" .
JOSEPH     Hebrew name  meaning "he will add".
MARY  spellings are interchangeable - which were from the Hebrew name (Miryam). The meaning is not known for certain. Mary the virgin mother of JesusPerhaps derived in part from mry "beloved".
RUTH  Hebrew word meaning friend.
SARAH  means "lady" or "princess" in Hebrew.
STEPHEN   meaning "crown"
THOMAS  Aramaic nam which meant "twin".
ZION  Jewish, From the name of a citadel which was in the center of Jerusalem.
ZIPPORAH  Hebrew which meant "bird".

 

 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE