LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY, 6/19/14






PAINTING: GUARDIAN ANGEL

BY PIETRO da CORTONA, 1656







This week I'll share a few scriptures which show 
the roles that God assigned to angels in the Bible. 
I learned that all of God's angels didn't fly around
and sing all day. 

These lessons are not meant to be a complete
study of angels. My knowledge of angels was 
limited and I wanted to learn more about them.
I am sharing scriptures that gave me insight to 
the role of God's angels.





I am sharing scriptures about guardian angels
today.  I did not learn about guardian angels 
until I was an adult.  I was amazed that there 
were scriptures in the old and new testaments
that describe  situations where people were 
protected by angels.  

I believe God's Word is true and that He keeps 
His promises.  I pray and ask God daily to send
my family's guardian angels to protect us as we
go about our daily business.

I'll admit that I did not began to do this until
I faced two tragic events. I was almost killed
in a car accident and I was almost crushed by
a car when I was a pedestrian.I had not been
aware how blessed my family had been. I was
taking my  safety for granted.  I learned to be 
so thankful for each day that my family arrived
home safe.  My two boys are grown and have
moved away. I still say this prayer for them.    


LIFE LESSON :

ANGELS PROTECT LOT & HIS DAUGHTERS IN THE WICKED CITY OF SODOM.


GENESIS  19:1-2,  10-11

1 Now the two angels came to Sodom in 
the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gate
of Sodom. When Lot saw them, he rose to 
meet them, and he bowed himself with his 
face toward the ground. 

And he (Lot) said,  “Here now, my lords,
please turn in to your servant’s house and 
spend the night, and wash your feet; then
you may rise early and go on your way.” 
And they  ( two angels)  said, “No, but we 
will spend the night in the open square.”

 10 But the men ( angels) reached out their 
hands and pulled Lot into the house with 
them, and shut the door. 
 11 And they struck the men who were at the 
doorway of the house with blindness,  both 
small and great, so that they became weary
trying to find the door.
 


LIFE LESSON:

GOD TELLS MOSES THAT HIS ANGEL
WILL GO BEFORE THEM

EXODUS 32:34

Now therefore, go, lead the people to the place of which I have spoken to you.Behold, My Angel shall
go before you. Nevertheless, in the day when I visit for punishment,  I will visit punishment upon them 
for their sin.” 

LIFE LESSON:

THE LORD CAN HAVE ANGELS GUARD
YOU AT ALL TIMES

PSALM  91:11

For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.

LIFE LESSON:

AN ANGEL PROTECTED DANIEL FROM BEING
EATEN BY LIONS

DANIEL 6: 21-22 

21 Then Daniel said to the king, “O king, live forever!  
22 My God sent His angel and shut the lions’ mouths, so that they have not hurt me, because I was found innocent before Him; and also, O king, I have done no wrong before you.”







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE