DOVE IN MY PEAR TREE, UPDATE





Numbers 6:10
`Then on the eighth day he shall bring two turtledoves or two young pigeons to the priest, to the doorway of the tent of meeting.
- See more at: http://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/doves#sthash.5WmZ5k1h.dpuf
6/4/14

PSALM 74:19

Oh, do not deliver the life of Your turtledove to the wild beast!
Do not forget the life of Your poor forever.



I discovered that I had a  nest in my pear tree yesterday.  I have never seen a nest up close. 
It is amazing to see  the intricate construction 
of this nest.   The wind was blowing hard and 
the nest didn't budge. I checked today to see 
if a bird was inside the nest.  "Nope."  I asked
my son about the nest because he does wood
working in the backyard often.  He said that a 
grey dove sits in it.He was very afraid that the 
dove was going to peck him.He had been busy
making all kinds of noise with his power tools 
when he suddenly noticed the dove in the nest.
The dove wasn't bothered by the noise, so he continued with his woodworking.  

My son and I will I'll try to get a picture of the 
dove, the nest, and any eggs that may appear. 
The pears on my tree are not ready yet.I have
to fight with the squirrels for my pears.I must
remove them before they get ripe.The squirrels 
will eat every last one of them, if they are ripe!!

I hope squirrels and the dove get along peacefully.







6/5/14

I was walking with my dog Raja, in my back
yard when I saw a commotion near the dove
nest. She was chasing a crow away from her
nest. I couldn't see in the nest and wondered
if eggs were in it. I pray the crow didn't get 
any eggs.  I chase crows away from my dog's
feeding bowl sometimes.They are a mean bunch.




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE