LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY, 6/17/14






12TH CENTURY DEPICTION:

 ARCHANGEL GABRIEL





This week I'll share a few scriptures which show
the roles that God assigned to angels in the Bible. 
I learned that all of God's angels didn't fly around
and sing all day. 

These lessons are not meant to be a complete
study of angels. My knowledge of angels was 
limited and I wanted to learn more about them.
I am sharing scriptures that gave me insight to 
the role of God's angels.





LIFE LESSON:

ANGEL GABRIEL'S  ROLE:

INTERPRETS DANIEL'S VISION

DANIEL  8:15-19


15  Then it happened, when I, Daniel, had seen the vision and was seeking the meaning, that suddenly there stood before me one having the appearance of a man.
 16  And I heard a man’s voice between the banks of the Ulai, who called, and said, “Gabriel, make this man understand the vision.” 
 17  So he came near where I stood, and when he came I was afraid and fell on my face; but he said to me, “Understand, son of man, that the vision refers to the time of the end.”
18 Now, as he was speaking with me, I was in a deep sleep with my face to the ground; but he touched me, and stood me upright.  
19 And he said, “Look, I am making known to you what shall happen in the latter time of the indignation; for at the appointed time the end shall be. 

DANIEL 9:21-23


21  yes, while I was speaking in prayer, the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, reached me about the time of the evening offering. 
  22  And he informed me, and talked with me, and said, “O Daniel, I have now come forth to give you skill to understand.  
23  At the beginning of your supplications the command went out, and I have come to tell you, for you are greatly beloved; therefore consider the matter, and understand the vision:


LIFE LESSON:

ANGEL GABRIEL'S ROLES:

*ANNOUNCE BIRTH OF JOHN THE BAPTIST
* PUNISH ZACHARIAS' UNBELIEF


LUKE  1:11-14, 18-20


11 Then an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing on the right side of the altar of incense.  
12 And when Zacharias saw him, he was troubled, and fear fell upon him.
13 But the angel said to him, “Do not be afraid, Zacharias, for your prayer is heard; and your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you shall call his name John.  
14 And you will have joy and gladness, and many will rejoice at his birth.


18 And Zacharias said to the angel, “How shall I know this? For I am an old man, and my wife is well advanced in years.”
19 And the angel answered and said to him, “I am Gabriel, who stands in the presence of God, and was sent to speak to you and bring you these glad tidings. 
 20 But behold, you will be mute and not able to speak until the day these things take place, because you did not believe my words which will be fulfilled in their own time.”


LIFE LESSON:

ARCHANGEL GABRIEL SENT BY GOD TO
TELL MARY SHE WILL GIVE BIRTH TO JESUS

 LUKE 1:26-33



26 Now in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth, 
27 to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin’s name was Mary.
28 And having come in, the angel said to her, “Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!”
29   But when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and considered what manner of greeting this was.  
30 Then the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. 
31 And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name Jesus
32 He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David. 
33 And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE