LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY, 6/16/14




PAINTING, Group of angels, by Benozzo Gozzoli.


I started collecting angels several years ago. 
I have white angel statues in my landscape 
and on the railing of my deck. My living room
has two curio cabinets filled with seventy-five
angel figurines. Friends and relatives give me
angels for gifts.

 I am not obsessed with angels.I do not worship
them. I know who is supposed to first in my life,
Jesus Christ. I like looking at the angelic faces of
my angel figurines. The admiration ends there.



I learned years ago that I have to be careful when buying books and magazines about angels. There 
are fallen angels in the Bible and some people like 
to worship them.

LIFE LESSON:

DO NOT WORSHIP ANGELS


REVELATION  19:10

And I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said 
to me, “See that you do not do that! I am your 
fellow servant, and of your brethren who have 
the testimony of Jesus.  Worship God! For the testimony of  Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.”




LIFE LESSON:

BEWARE OF FALSE TEACHERS


2 Peter 2:1, 4

1 But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring
on themselves swift destruction. 
 
For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; 



This week I'll share a few scriptures which 
show the roles that God assigned to angels
in the Bible.I learned that all of God's angels
did not fly around and sing all day. 

These lessons are not meant to be a complete
study of angels. My knowledge of angels was 
limited and I wanted to learn more about them.
I am sharing scriptures that gave me insight to 
the role of God's angels.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE