LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY, BE THANKFUL, 11/27/13



JAMES 3:17

 

But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.

 



 HISTORICAL CONTEXT

 


The Bible book of 1 Kings 3 talks about God and Solomon (Son of David).  God tells Solomon that He will give him anything he asked for.  Solomon was a young King, so he asked for ability to discern good and bad in people. God was pleased that he didn’t ask for riches. God blessed Solomon with extraordinary wisdom, riches, and honor.  The people in the Bible marveled at Solomon’s wisdom.

LIFE LESSON FOR TODAY


I am thankful for God’s wisdom.  I pray daily
for God to bless me with His wisdom.  He is 
omnipresent, omnipotent, and omniscient.  I
would consider myself foolish not to depend 
on anyone else to guide me.  Man doesn’t 
know the beginning and the end.  He doesn’t
have all the pieces to the puzzle.  Man can be
wise; however, his judgement is often flawed
by selfishness, by  greed, and by jealously.
  

I do not claim to make wise decisions all
of the time. I make a mess when I don’t
wait for His guidance and “do my own 
thing”. Patience is a virtue and I learned
this the hard way. An impulsive decision 
made without regard to a positive or 
negative outcome is asking for trouble.















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 6

CALLED BY THE LORD, PART 5

ADAM & EVE'S FAMILY TREE